Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2019 deke

No taping, hunting as is. Some coming in Monday, hope to pattern soon.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Your decoy and gun are beautiful and have made me remember something important. I’ve got my grandpa’s 1955 870 Wingmaster. I killed my first turkey with it hunting with my uncle in TN in 81 or 82. I believe it will head west with me next month. Thanks.

That is finer than the Mona Lisa partner. Amazing talent!
    Genesis 9;2

Good stuff man

Beautiful work.,
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Back then barrels shot center. Believe I am good if the nut behind the trigger doesn't loosen up.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

^ Aint that the truth
    Genesis 9;2

Probably ain't gonna get no better so I'm showing my cards. Hope yall are having a great spring.

Nice !

Outstanding as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    \"Go to Know\"

Excellent!

I’m laying in bed about to go to sleep up at our place in the country. Hopefully about to have a cool turkey hunt in the morning. Just watched both of your videos and those are excellent! Very well done and very cool footage and pictures. Thank you for sharing. Song choices were the best...

Good stuff Theron

Very cool!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Very nice!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Nice
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

I dig em.
    Genesis 9;2

I liked that. Good work.

Last post on this thread. Jolene is now officially retired and a den queen. She suffered some cracked ankles early in the season, had to be repaired a little and I had to beef up her carry case with a liner of corrugated plastic and extra layer of fabric to prevent further damage. She showed a tad of wear but her paint job was easy to touch up along the way. She traveled a lot of miles this season assisted with 5 toms killed and only missed out being used on one. She got her head worked over by one hen, a few poot knots on the back of her head but those too were easy to hide with a little make up.

I hoped to show another dead turkey but it didn't happen. I've got a bunch more pictures and a little video of hens, jakes and such, Jolene smiling and all with them. Glad to post if anyone is interested but there won't be any blood in them.

I hunted the last three weekends with my son in the mountains for one particular bird. He kicked our tails, no other words for it really. To be fair, we were constrained a little with having access to hunt about a quarter or less of the tom's range. He still had hens visiting him through out the day as late as last Saturday and that made it interesting too. We've called in as many as 7 jakes at times up there and usually they would gobble sporadically. That kept us guessing but Knuck just continued to hold off them. The closest we got to Satan's Spawn was at 60 yards one morning two weeks ago right off the roost when he pitched up the mountain above us and circled 180 degrees. The last time we saw him was when we finally bumped him trying to move on him late Saturday afternoon as a big storm was blowing up. We threw every pitch at him that I know, save making a man drive on him. The tom free gobbles pretty good till he is close but continues to give us the slip no matter how conservative or aggressive we are. Not so sure he's buggered up, just that every time he cranks up a hen seems to rush in and take him away. Either way, it about gave me a twitch. Knucklehead almost got him last year at 30 yards on two occasions so we have a history with this bird. Am sure he is one we won't soon forget. Maybe next year and we are armed with a much better understanding now of his movements.

FWIW, I walked over 170 miles and climbed 700 floors per my I-phone across SC this turkey season. That should sum it up on how I am able to kill turkeys, bludgeon them to death with persistence or simply pure rare dumb luck, mostly the latter. Thanks and have a great summer.