Thread: Shower/Hot Water Question

Default Shower/Hot Water Question

Alright.

Two showers in the house, one puts out hot water fine, the other seems to run out real quick. Picture of shower below. There is a scald device or a valve that regulates temperature for a two handle faucet?. Good guess that this went bad or some other valve oring to look for? I’ll take it apart when I get to the house but curious of any other common culprits. Haven’t looked into it much yet. Not my house so not too familiar with it.

B107793B-D886-4980-9A27-6F4E921F1196.jpg

Boyfriends place?

Alright, one hilarious gay joke so far. Good start.

you had to know that was coming.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    you had to know that was coming.
    Haha sure did. Let’s catch some crappie or trout soon.

Running both showers at the same time it runs out quicker? Or when its running by itself it runs out quicker
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

The scald device is on the "newer" ones. That one looks like one in my parents house. Theirs predates any scald device by several decades. Turn just the hot water on, and see what happens. It could be that it is bad, and just needs to be replaced. If so, I hope they have and access panel, or closet to make it easy.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Running just by itself.

Fuzzy, exactly why I asked the question. Want to eliminate as many ideas as possible before i start punching drywall on the backside. She just bought the house. I’ll probably just replace the entire thing. Needs to be done anyways.

Probably the best bet. But I would turn just the hot water on, and see what happens. It could be buildup in the hot water line, and other buildup that has broken loose. After a period of running, the loose buildup could close off the line. When the water is off, the pressure is released, and the loose material may settle back out, opening up the line again. I live in a house that is 123 years old. I've seen most any issue you could have with plumbing. If she has galvanized water lines, it might not hurt to get someone to give her a price on redoing the plumbing.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Take it out, soak it in CLR and put it back in.

(The antiscald device, not your pecker in your boyfriend)
    Last edited by Bownut; 01-31-2019 at 05:25 PM.