Thread: Did Buck Tags Have Effect On The Harvest Numbers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Did Buck Tags Have Effect On The Harvest Numbers?

Have any of y'all heard from processors about how, if any, the tag system affected this past year's numbers compared to previous years?

I imagine this is probably the best way to make the determination, unless there's a survey I haven't heard of.

I received a survey in the mail just the other day from DNR. Also I remember multiple times this year where processors where working as fast as they could. Seems like there was a thread about processors turning away business because they had no room in the coolers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I received a survey in the mail just the other day from DNR. Also I remember multiple times this year where processors where working as fast as they could. Seems like there was a thread about processors turning away business because they had no room in the coolers.
    Do they normally do surveys for deer? I don’t remember receiving one before. If they haven’t, I’m not sure how they’ll know what effect tags had.

My processor had to quit taking deer for a week or two. Not sure it necessarily correlates to tags though. It could just as easily be explained by mast production or lack thereof, weather, crop rotations, etc., etc.

I shot more deer than my average, partly to train a new dog but also to "use up my tags". The dated doe tags are particularly effective at making my trigger finger itchy.

I get all kinds of bs surveys from DNR in the mail. I got the deer survey in the mail about a week or two ago. It went into the waste basket along with bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I get all kinds of bs surveys from DNR in the mail. I got the deer survey in the mail about a week or two ago. It went into the waste basket along with bills.
    I'm just curious, why throw it away?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Seemed like the processors around here stayed full for the most part. Still a bunch of young bucks being killed just like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Seemed like the processors around here stayed full for the most part. Still a bunch of young bucks being killed just like always.
    Same here

I get a survey about deer harvest numbers every year and complete the survey and return. I have 4 hunters in the household that receive tags and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    I get a survey about deer harvest numbers every year and complete the survey and return. I have 4 hunters in the household that receive tags and such.
    Good deal.

Tags are a pain in the butt. They are made on crappy paper that sticks together at the slightest amount of heat. Id rather them ditch the doe thing and the paper tags. Mail out set number of doe tags to use whenever. You burn em then you are out. The purpose of doe days was not to have to worry about having to deal with a tag. They just need to find something better to make them out of
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Tags are a pain in the butt. They are made on crappy paper that sticks together at the slightest amount of heat. Id rather them ditch the doe thing and the paper tags. Mail out set number of doe tags to use whenever. You burn em then you are out. The purpose of doe days was not to have to worry about having to deal with a tag. They just need to find something better to make them out of
    I told this to one of the bill authors but he couldn’t understand it. Just couldn’t figure out why I was opposed to day specific doe tags.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Have any of y'all heard from processors about how, if any, the tag system affected this past year's numbers compared to previous years?

I imagine this is probably the best way to make the determination, unless there's a survey I haven't heard of.
    Seems to me that they necks shooting more than 5 bucks (either by not tagging them or by using someone else's tags) wouldn't be taking them to a processor.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Peach Orchard did more deer this year than last. My guess is that people are mowing down the does. QDMA has a blue steel hard on right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Peach Orchard did more deer this year than last. My guess is that people are mowing down the does. QDMA has a blue steel hard on right now.
    Around here they have adapted to the predators and have been fucking and raising fawns like Mormons. Our doe and yearling numbers are up in this area.
    cut\'em