Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keto

Default Keto

Who has done it/doing it? How long does it usually take to go into ketosis?

First time was about two weeks+. Now 2 days if I break for a day to two.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I'm 10 days in. Pee-sticks are barely turning pink, though.

Granted I drink an ass of water, so sticks are not always correct.

Stay under 20 carbs, put the scales in the closet, and just ride it out.

Your belt, within about 3 weeks, should tell you you've been doing something right.

This is my 2nd time. 1st time was 26lbs in 47 days. Springtime and summer microbrews messed me up, and I found about 15lbs.

I'm back on the wagon.

Good luck.

Oh, and I'm down 7lbs in 10 days. Water weight, mostly...

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 08-01-2018 at 01:39 PM.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Damn that looks good. On day three. Slight headache & energy roller coaster up & down. Nothing but eggs, cheese & meat last three days. Couple lbs down already. I WANT A BEER! AND A DONUT!
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 08-01-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Adderall diet is quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Damn that looks good. On day three. Slight headache & energy roller coaster up & down. Nothing but eggs, cheese & meat last three days. Couple lbs down already. I WANT A BEER! AND A DONUT!
    Same. I wrap cheese sticks with deli salami.

I'm now working in some fat bombs to add more fats.

Gonna be rough next week with Cancun, but I'll jump back in when I return.

I'm also going to try the pepperoni pizza fat bombs.

This is a good site: https://www.ruled.me/savory-pizza-fat-bombs/

Last edited by USMCsilver; 08-01-2018 at 02:05 PM.

So once in ketosis, some leafy veggies can be added?

leafy greens can be added anytime, just stay under 20-25 net carbs per day. Some people say that fiber cancels out carbs so you subtract the grams of fiber from you carb count for net carbs. So if you eat spinach and it has 3.8 g of carbs and 2.4 g of fiber, you only net 1.4g of carbs
    Last edited by everlast; 08-01-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    -Samuel Adams

https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/Al...Ketogenic-Diet

"Although some soluble fiber may be absorbed, humans don't have the enzymes that could digest most fiber and derive any calories from it. As a result, fiber does not significantly affect blood sugar and ketosis. In general, you can either aim for 20-25 grams of net carbs or ~ 50 grams of total carbs as recommended by Dr. Steve Phinney and Dr. Jeff Volek."
    -Samuel Adams

It always took me forever for the pee sticks to change color. Probably individual to each persons metabolism.... its a good way to knock off a few lbs fast. Just remember that when you relapse its all coming back quick.

I would highly suggest going to this site and reading until you can't read anymore, take a break, then read some more.

https://ketogains.com/welcome-to-ketogains

I would also suggest using their macro calculator. For those who are on the facestachatspace, they have a ketogains group with answers to every possible question you may have about ketogenic diets and being in ketosis.

And you don't need to measure ketones. Electrolytes are a non negotiable. 0.8 to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass and keep fats to AT least 50 grams per day.

Holler if you need any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I would highly suggest going to this site and reading until you can't read anymore, take a break, then read some more.

I would also suggest using their macro calculator. For those who are on the facestachatspace, they have a ketogains group with answers to every possible question you may have about ketogenic diets and being in ketosis.

And you don't need to measure ketones. Electrolytes are a non negotiable. 0.8 to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass and keep fats to AT least 50 grams per day.

Im assuming the protein requirements need to be adjusted if excercising and doing weight training?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Cyclical?
    Last edited by everlast; 08-01-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Im assuming the protein requirements need to be adjusted if excercising and doing weight training?
    Yessir. 0.8g/lb of LBM is the minimum for non lifters. If you are lifting then 1g/lb to 1.2g/lb

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    CKD?
    Cyclical Ketogenic Diet. Meaning cycling some higher carb days in and out depending on training. If you are at or above 10% BF you don't need Targeted or Cyclical Ketogenic diets.

excellente. i'm right at 10%.....x 2.4 or so. so won't need to complicate things for a while now. good news.
    -Samuel Adams

First they came for our bread, now they have come for our vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    So once in ketosis, some leafy veggies can be added?
    Add kale to your scrambled eggs.

Most nights, I make a scrambled omelet and alternate the shit I throw in there. I also change up bizzare spices so the shot doesn't get too old.

Pro tip - Avocados and olives are decent snacks.

You mother fuckers considered running your ass off and eating whatever you want? Doesn't require any carb counting or reading
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.