Thread: Fuel tank upfront HighTide

Default Fuel tank upfront HighTide

Hopefully this will be less controversial than my light bar thread

Have any of you put your gas tanks up front, under the front deck of your 1503 High Tide ? I know that latch is kind of small, but I thought if I can find a long narrow tank it might be worth it instead of sitting in the back? The boat is open floor so I could let it sit in the middle, but if I can get it under that front deck it would be out of the way completely.

Any ideas or thoughts ?

I used to have mine up front before I started rebuilding it. Couldn't fit it under the deck, just got a long fuel line and sat it as far forward as I could.

I'm making the front compartment larger and putting a bigger tank in it when i put it all back together.

Nice! Put up some pics when you got a chance, id love to see your ideas. How many gallons did you go with ?

I had thought about finding someone to cut out that hole a little larger so I can sneak a gas tank in there, then make a new latch so I can actually take the tank in and out to fill it up !
    Last edited by duckz; 01-30-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Remember if you put it in bow compartment , or secure it to floor you have to have a fire extinguisher.
    867-5309

Yeah I know, I think it'll be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Remember if you put it in bow compartment , or secure it to floor you have to have a fire extinguisher.
    Does that mean, in the bow at all.. or in the bow that is enclosed by a door ? What if I take out the door and just have that area open ? Not that a fire extinguisher takes up much room, but just curious

Quote Originally Posted by duckz View Post
    Does that mean, in the bow at all.. or in the bow that is enclosed by a door ? What if I take out the door and just have that area open ? Not that a fire extinguisher takes up much room, but just curious
    According to the encounter I had last month it doesn’t matter if it’s enclosed or an open bow under the deck. He said if the tank was slid out 12” then it would have been fine. Definitely a gray area

Think if it’s fixed and closed in.

So I have 16” wide by 5” tall opening.... that’s going to be tough! Might just keep it in the center floor
    Last edited by duckz; 01-31-2019 at 07:54 PM.