Thread: Last hunt

Default Last hunt

Was a tough season this year. Got skunked in Alabama, got my NC swan hunt plans messed up three times, never did get to hunt them, Wood Ducks never showed up on the pond I hunt, and never pulled the trigger on a duck the three days I got out in SC. Had a great time though, seeing new places and meeting new folks. Still made good memories. Took Fowler, and my wife’s cousin and his wife out Saturday for some Buffleheads. Cousin’s wife had never shot a duck, and got a nice Bufflehead for her first duck. She shot two, he shot three. Was a good time for them, and their last duck hunt together until the 2020-2021 season. He’s getting sent to Iraq for a year with his unit. Fowler helped me with the decoys, hung out in the boat, and had a good time seeing the pelicans and dolphins.

C45FE4A7-8C2C-4BE6-BFF7-6540E05F289C.jpg

CDE5FC58-976A-4D2E-8C2D-833DFB64E7BD.jpg

Awesome chris!
    ETA : I came back to look at this again- as he grows up I hope he has the passion for waterfowl like you have had over the years. We have come a long way in life (ol metal man lol) and sharing our sport to our youngins is the best thing we can do. Proud of you bud! Keep taking those pics!
    Last edited by beanhunter; 01-30-2019 at 07:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

awesome pic of your boy holding the buffle

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Nice job that’s an awesome picture to get framed in your house.

Ol’ Fowler looks like he means business! Great pics...

Great stuff man!

That boy looks like he's gonna be hell on ducks in a couple years!
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

That's a great photo!

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    That boy looks like he's gonna be hell on ducks in a couple years!
    He just turned 3 this past Monday. Started taking him when he was 1. Got a couple out of state trips under his belt already, and been on about a dozen hunts. Got to hold his first Canvasback in Alabama that my buddy shot. Telling him we’re going duck hunting is the easiest way to get him to go to bed and wake up in the morning. He loves it.

That’s awesome. I’ve only takin my 5 year old once on an afternoon hunt. We killed a mottled duck. I’m not quite ready to take him in the early am.#1 I can’t get out of my head the thought of something going wrong, and my son floating out there in the cold darkness, screaming for help and I’m nowhere to be found. #2 1 I hunt way to hard for him and I’m not ready to slow down yet.
    867-5309

I’ve definitely had to slow down where I hunt and how often. I’ve never been one to hunt a lot in S.C. I’ve shot enough ducks and a good variety of them, I’m good with slowing down and making memories with him. I constantly worry about something going wrong, and him/us being in trouble. If anything, that worry has made me much more safety conscious than I already was. I’ve gotten to the point now, if it’s somewhere he can’t go, I don’t care much to go. He found out I went without him one morning this season, and he was all upset. He and I have been watching turkey hunting on tv, and he is wanting to go do that now.

That’s awesome! Both my boys 5 and 3, go fishing and dove hunting with me. My oldest will turkey hunt this year most days I go.
    867-5309

That's awesome. Looking like I'll be taking my 7yo daughter on youth day on her first duck hunt. She goes fishing and dove hunting with me, so she's excited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Very nice Sir!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Need more of this
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com