Thread: Stern saver

Default Stern saver

Anyone have any experience with one on an aluminum boat? They hold? Looking at different options without drilling holes into my boat for a transducer
    Last edited by UpSouth811; 01-28-2019 at 07:52 PM.

I used it on my aluminum boat about a year ago. Followed the instructions and it’s still holding solid.

Bumping this old thread to see if the OP or anyone else is still having good luck with the supplied adhesive on aluminum.

See these mentioned a lot but screwed on.

Will probably end up with some type of side scan/down scan style transducer.

Mine's been on my boat for 2 years now. And it is driven through the timber in Arkansas all duck season long. And not in a nice way.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcherr View Post
    Mine's been on my boat for 2 years now. And it is driven through the timber in Arkansas all duck season long. And not in a nice way.
    That’s promising. Used supplied adhesive only?

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    That’s promising. Used supplied adhesive only?
    Yep. Make sure you scuff up the area with sandpaper and clean it really well. I'm not sure if I could get mine off if I wanted to.

Gonna give it a try. Appreciate the info!

Why not use 5200? Does it not work on aluminum. I heard of. A certain boat dealership that got hit one of several times where outboards were stolen and one time they removed the bolts but the 5200 held the damn engines on the transom. Theives left them.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Why not use 5200? Does it not work on aluminum. I heard of. A certain boat dealership that got hit one of several times where outboards were stolen and one time they removed the bolts but the 5200 held the damn engines on the transom. Theives left them.
    Now I think they just cut them off with a chainsaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.