Thread: Cabelas breathables

Default Cabelas breathables

I’ve heard good things on various sites so I bought a pair in July. They were backordered so I didn’t receive them until October. I was very disappointed in the quality of these waders. Not much extra protection around the legs, material was thin, felt like it was going to rip constantly, shoulder straps were uncomfortable, and I probably should have read more into the description so I would have realized that they have absolutely no insulation or backing on the inside. They leaked badly less than a month into the season. And it wasn’t like most waders where the water warms up inside and you’re still warm, just wet. I was freaking freezin! For $229(stout, even though I didn’t end up needing stout)these waders were not what I was expecting. I returned them and got a pair of Lacrosse breathables and they’ve been great so far.

Anyone else had problems out of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

I bought a pair in 2014. They leak around the top of the boot because of the way I take them off and put them on. I layer underneath with fleece if its cold. Read the reviews before I purchased and bought a stout pair just in case I had to layer up. Update the aqua seal and they are still kicking. Didn't leak this year.

I bought a pair of the instinct warrior waders the year before last, they were hybrids I think. They made it four hunts.. They leaked all over. It was one of those situations where you couldn't walk your way out with them on. I was full. I had to eke my way put of them and invert before the walk back.

I've had mixed reviews. I had one pair of breathable waders from Cabelas that leaked after a season. They replaced with no questions. I have been wearing the second pair for 4 seasons and have not pulled out my neoprene waders once since. No leaks....knock on wood!

They used to be great, had a few pairs that lasted 3-4yrs. I haven't had a pair last more than half a season in past 2 yrs. Have 3 pairs now that will be going back soon. Most I hunt with can't seem to move away from the "old dry plus mentality" but all seem to have issues w the newer ones. Unfortunately they have turned to junk

Jeez it sounds like the new ones are just crap. Kinda seems to be the trend with a lot of cabelas products lately. I probably could have resealed mine but they were leaking in a few different places so I just went ahead and returned them.
    I also bought the neostretch waders last year and blew the crotch out halfway through the season and had a stick go through the leg towards the end of the season so maybe I’m just hard on waders. They refunded me for both pairs though so I give them a thumbs up for that.

“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

I got three or four season out of my first two pairs but the latest are two years old and I've had to Aquaseal the boot seams. These ones have the front zipper and it doesn't leak. I must say it's nice not having to practically strip to take a piss.

When you switch from neoprene to breathables, you trade innate warmth and flotation for flexibility in both movement and ability to adjust for temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by clembo3 View Post
    Jeez it sounds like the new ones are just crap. Kinda seems to be the trend with a lot of cabelas products lately. I probably could have resealed mine but they were leaking in a few different places so I just went ahead and returned them.
    I also bought the neostretch waders last year and blew the crotch out halfway through the season and had a stick go through the leg towards the end of the season so maybe I’m just hard on waders. They refunded me for both pairs though so I give them a thumbs up for that.

What did you expect when Bass Pro Shop bought them??

My first pair lasted 5 years. The next two haven't made it 2 uses before leaking.

I think the new return policy on waders is 30 days at Cabelas.

They are now selling Bass Pro junk!!
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Yeah I saw that there isn’t a lifetime warranty on the webpages for waders anymore. That was the only reason I bought their waders.

I had a pair that lasted ~ a decade. The only issue was when I poked a hole in them.

They finally started leaking around the boot this season. I took them back to Cabelas and they replaced them with the current version. So far, no issues in the last 6 weeks.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter