Thread: CWD: 62 Confirmed Cases In Tennessee...

Default CWD: 62 Confirmed Cases In Tennessee...

CWD. Coming to a corn pile near you.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    As a man with a lil higher education on animals and a vested interest in wildlife, what is your take on CWD? Been here the whole time and blown out of proportion or something that deserves our full attention if we like having deer around?

Ostarine has been scientifically proven to prevent deer from gettin them CWDs

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    As a man with a lil higher education on animals and a vested interest in wildlife, what is your take on CWD? Been here the whole time and blown out of proportion or something that deserves our full attention if we like having deer around?
    It's a real problem with unknown long term impact at this point. The problem is the incubation and transmission period is long (1-3 years depending on which study you read) and occurs before any clinical signs are noticed. Another big problem is how virulent and stable the prions are in the environment. You go out of state to hunt and step where a positive animal has peed then bring those boots back to SC and you have a vector of transmission that is difficult, if not impossible, to regulate. The issues most resource agencies and biologist are facing is whether to be proactive or reactive. If they institute bans on bait and mineral sites and kill plots as a way to keep the incidence of transmission low the blow back from hunters will rival that of a Cat V hurricane. But if they do nothing other than ban imports of neurological tissue from OOS animals and this becomes a "thing" then they will be crucified for doing nothing when they knew it was coming. I don't know what the right answer is and I hope it's much ado about nothing. But I fear in our efforts to increase populations and carrying capacity to satisfy hunter success and enjoyment we have unlocked Pandora's box and the law of unintended consequences is going to come home to roost.

Haven’t been following this, have they identified a origin in those affected counties? Deer pen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All wild free ranging welfare state owned deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    CWD. Coming to a corn pile near you.
    Is baiting legal in Tennessee?

Here’s some very encouraging info, if it proves to hold true in the long run.

https://www.lsonews.com/research-sho...sting-disease/
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

So science has never been my strong point but CWD is transmitted through urine wouldn't a community scrape be as dangerous if not more so than a corn pile or mineral site. A scrape is nothing more than a big pee party for deer.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    So science has never been my strong point but CWD is transmitted through urine wouldn't a community scrape be as dangerous if not more so than a corn pile or mineral site. A scrape is nothing more than a big pee party for deer.
    Way I understood it and bodily fluid can transport it...guy explained it to me like if 2 deer touch noses
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

I have no idea about anything concerning CWD. But I keep reading about ease of transmission. If it's literally as easy as one animal somehow coming into contact from another animal's bodily fluids, you would think this would be a plague status disease within a couple months for a large portion of the country. Maybe it's because I don't follow it too much, but it just doesn't seem to be as prevelant as I would imagine it would be based on the anecdotal evidence I keep hearing about. I guess we have a lot more to learn.