Thread: Fingers

Default Fingers

Release thread made me wonder... Anybody still shoot a compound with fingers???
    I still have a Matthews Conquest Apex set up to shoot fingers hanging in my shop. Gonna take it out and fling a few. In the late nineties/ early 2000s there were a few of us still doing it. I quit shooting 3D and NFAA shoots about thenand we barely had enough for a division. I don't know if any of the manufacturers even make a bow long enough anymore?

Haven’t shot fingers since they come out with releases.

Guess the only guys doing it are the purest long and recurve shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Release thread made me wonder... Anybody still shoot a compound with fingers???
    I still have a Matthews Conquest Apex set up to shoot fingers hanging in my shop. Gonna take it out and fling a few. In the late nineties/ early 2000s there were a few of us still doing it. I quit shooting 3D and NFAA shoots about thenand we barely had enough for a division. I don't know if any of the manufacturers even make a bow long enough anymore?
    Most "hunting" bows are 34" or under. They still make target bows that are in the 37" range. I would doubt with the short ATA lengths and higher let-off of most bows, this isn't too common anymore.

Guy and Dan fitzgerald still use fingers on compounds and shoot em instinctive.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Let off would make it tough even with the longer length. I'd probably try the thumb release vs three fingers if I was going to give it a whirl.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I was looking online today. Mathews Conquest is long enough and they offer a 60% cam. That’s all I saw, though I’m surprised Hoyt doesn’t have a longer bow.
    My old Conquest Apex is 41” ATA and has a 65% cam. Gonna get a new string and cable and fling some.

Still shoot an old Conquest 2 with fingers. Even with it's long axle to axle length it's still touchy.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

I’ve stripped it down and been shooting it Barebow. Three under middle finger at corner of my mouth just like my recurve. Bare shaft tuned some Carbon Express Maximas and have been pleasantly surprised how well I can shoot it. I’m consistently keeping them in the 10 ring out to 25. Fun stuff.