Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meateater on Netflix

Not trying to be tough. I avoid friction with others whenever possible and definitely get no joy from going back and forth.

From other posts of yours I read I appreciate your views as well.

I see what your question is getting at and agree. But if it’s just open land what’s to stop it from being developed? These are not loaded questions that I’m trying to use as chess pieces here. Just honest questions.

[QUOTE=Cwaysvt;2579868]

But if it’s just open land what’s to stop it from being developed?
    I once caught a poacher 2 miles inside of my property who tried to use that same defense.

"This is FREE LAND" is what he said while I was calling the police to have him hauled off.

Free land? That was the day that I knew the America experiment was fucked...

Yeah but that’s your private property and is completely understandable.

I’m definitely not saying I want to be able to hunt other people’s property illegally or that I want the government to take more land without the land owners agreement. But if they were to set aside large amounts of land they bought from landowners willing to sale for that purpose and make them available for hunting I do like the idea of that.

And my thinking on that could very well be wrong. But that’s why I wanted to have this discussion.

If I have taken this way off topic I apologize and will quit beating a dead horse.

Nossir. You are right on point.

Sell not sale.

Convince me, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Nossir. You are right on point.

Sell not sale.

Convince me, Sir.
    That one always gets me.

I like public land. It's fun. It's awesome. I'd rather it not turn into Europe. I mean I've never hunted in Europe but I'm sure they dont have the same opportunities that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    I like public land. It's fun. It's awesome. I'd rather it not turn into Europe. I mean I've never hunted in Europe but I'm sure they dont have the same opportunities that we have.
    By Europe I will fudge a bit and say Russia. They "owned" all the vastness of that joint. You want that?

How about Venezuela? Oil fricken running out on the ground. Went from a seriously private owned enterprise into the gimme gimme shitshow that people on SCDUCKS.COM are trying to tell us is a better system with this "I like to hunt public land" bullshit...

The land being referred to has always been publicly owned. Nobody is saying gimme anything that hasn't been this way for over a hundred years. I pay the pilot at the marina full of floatplanes in Alaska for a ride out to interact with publicly owned wildlife just like one would do at your proverbial marina. You're not this ignorant. What gives?
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Default Meateater on Netflix

The government owns and manages 10% of the land mass in America. You cannot be a real debt hawk and a public land advocacy. No president has abused executive power like Roosevelt did in the midnight hour to create the NF and NP.

The HSA folks defend the government owning housing, the corporate welfare folk defend subsidies via job creation, the public land hunter defend public land over revenue generated. Government basic function is to protect freedom not create wealth or provide opportunity. Capitalism does that better. Q

I do not want my labor taxed for someone’s living quarters/food, to give a industry an edge (unless facing unfair goods from a foreign power) or subsidize fishing/hunting/hiking/etc. as long as I do I will not feel guilty from utilizing government property to hunt. But if we become serious about cutting government let’s sell or lease Yellowstone and all public land, sell all public housing and stop farm subsidies and I am good.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 01-19-2019 at 07:42 PM.

I’m glad I live in a place that provides opportunities to hunt and fish and enjoy the outdoors in general, that place being America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post

....the public land hunter defend public land over revenue generated.
    Not true. There’s quite a bit of revenue generated on public land. Revenue that is renewable, not a revenue that is a one time deal like selling off the land would be.

"...if we become serious about cutting government let’s sell or lease Yellowstone and all public land,..."

Well, that was dumb as shit...

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    "...if we become serious about cutting government let’s sell or lease Yellowstone and all public land,..."

Well, that was dumb as shit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    a one time deal like selling off the land would be.
    Plenty of that going around...

Doesn’t China already have a Lein on some public lands?

Plenty of that going around...
    Been going around for quite some time, Texas for example. Speaking of examples, let’s see some positive examples of privatizing public land?

I think the burden of explaining to us why subsidizing your hobby is in our best interest lies with you. Not the other way around...

"hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I think the burden of explaining to us why subsidizing your hobby is in our best interest lies with you. Not the other way around...
    And if you take wildlife on private land wouldn't the same burden exist for you?

Rubberhead

Quite the opposite. We already own it, the burden is on the private sector to convince 300 million people why selling it to them would be better.