Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Hunters....i need some help.

Default Dog Hunters....i need some help.

These hounds visit my farm on a regular basis now, I am just trying to figure out what i'm dealing with. What type of dog is this? In the upstate (abbeville), what would they be used to hunt? I've seen them chase the hell out of some whitetail. They are loud and can run the entire border of my land in circles a few times during an afternoon.

IMAG0010.JPGIMAG0006.JPG

They belong to a shitass.... How many times have you seen or heard them? Did you start seeing them after Jan. 1?

Get animal control to trap them..

Look like a pack of deer heathens..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

If you have the time to check every day, a box trap is easy to use and will catch them. Pbiz has accurately described their owner. Lot of variables here.

If you trap them and have a pen- that's at least $300 right there if you sell them

looks like a black mouth cur banged a chow or visa versa....trap them and sell them to some hog hunters.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Wright's Cattle Company out of Weatherford, Texas had some of the best black mouth curs I have seen. The stamina on those dogs were incredible.

I always wondered if you breed one of those Wild Dogs of Africa to a Walker. I bet that would be a strollin' mofo

They run year round...I see them 4-5 times in a week then they are gone for 2 months. Been happening for a couple of years. Never had a trespasser on camera to accompany them.

Please explain what you mean about their owner.

I am trying to figure out if they are small game dogs or deer dogs. I don't know much about either.
    Last edited by dentaldog; 01-24-2019 at 06:00 PM.

I think he was trying to say is they belong to an unscrupulous deer dog handler, who doesn't want to feed them for the next eight months or so. Or, they could belong to a federal worker who's not getting paid and they just got voted off the island.

Lots of variables here. Could be escapees/houdinis that break out. The owner is not doing his part if this is a consistent problem. A box trap is what we use with a lease close to houses that let dogs run free. If we see it on cam, we catch it quickly.

How do you like those feeders ?

I think I know that place
    Carolina Counsel

Those dogs are cared for and live nearby. They are not “turned loose” for deer dogs. They are running whatever they come across first just for sport.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    Those dogs are cared for and live nearby. They are not “turned loose” for deer dogs. They are running whatever they come across first just for sport.
    My thoughts as well. They look too healthy to be anything else.

Those are black and tans of the fox hound variety..

I said their owner is trash because they don’t have collars, because he doesn’t want you to catch them..

Because you can’t prove they’re his...

You also know their owner is trash, because they are on your property... All the time..

Accidents happen, dogs get where they aren’t supposed to be.. It ain’t fun and it gives me serious anxiety..

Partly because I love my hounds and because I like to be a good neighbor..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Listen to Pbiz....there is a very high probability he is accurate on his observation.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That dog in the middle of the second picture has a collar on.

Yep, one of those dogs is collared in the second picture. Catch them with a box trap and see who they belong to. Be cordial and let them know that you won't tolerate a second time. Animal control will always come out and pick up a dog that is running unrestrained on your property, and handle it from there.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t47c003.php

they seem friendly
    Last edited by Uncle Spinny Derbish; 01-25-2019 at 01:27 AM.

They are scent hounds. They like to trail/ run a line of scent left by an animal. The stronger the scent, the faster they go. Left unsupervised they will all turn to running deer because they have a stronger scent than rabbits, coons,foxes, or coyotes.

You need to get your hands on the collared one to see if there is any identification on it. Take them to the local shelter and notify the owner

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Animal control? Have ya'll seen any of these heavyweights lately? They ain't getting in a hurry to do much of anything.