Thread: Browning Auto5 gunsmith

Default Browning Auto5 gunsmith

I have a broken safety spring in my shooter Auto5. In addition to getting it fixed, I would like for someone to disassemble it completely and repair/replace any other potential problems. I usually send my guns to Art in Missouri but it's over $100 just to ship. Anybody good here in SC? Thanks.

There is a guy here in Lexington that works on them. Trying to remember his name. Has a shop behind his house. He did some work on my old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pm snakejenkins on here
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Art Isaacson has some good videos on his website that show you the steps to do this. The tools needed are a set of thin tip hollow ground screwdrivers (Brownells is one source) and a 3/32” steel punch. The screw slots on these guns are very narrow. Exercise patience and a slow steady hand. PB Blaster or Kroil may be needed on some screws. The link below should take you to the complete service manual.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/fiel...ice_manual.pdf

You wanta sell it PM Me
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

There was a guy right across Jake knots bridge on the right coming from Lexington.
    I just tried to find his info online but couldn’t find it. He may not be doing it anymore.
    Last edited by SWAMPLIFE z71; 01-17-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Ron Cox. I shot doves with a man who had him completely rebuild his. That gun was about worn out when it went in, it was like new when he got it back.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I'm surprised it cost that much to ship.

Darlington Gunworks just outside of Florence. Hands down best around...Jim Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Darlington Gunworks just outside of Florence. Hands down best around...Jim Kelly
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    One buddy, and I have more than one, just got his A5 back from there.

Not to be confused with the other gun store over there in Darlington.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Guns are shipped from all over the world to be rebuilt by Mr. Kelly. Oversees work is a large percentage of his business.

I have never seen a wore out A-5 if it was maintained right.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

you can buy a rebuild kit from Brownells and there is step by step instructional videos on youtube.
    Not real difficult if you have patience

Thanks everybody. I'm going to send it to Art. Nobody knows the Auto5 like him.