Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winyah crash.....

Googans

Idjits.

GEORGETOWN, COUNTY, SC (WCBD) – Two duck hunters were rescued by South Carolina DNR and members of the Coast Guard off the coast of Winyah Bay early Thursday morning.

According to DNR officials, two duck hunters were in dense fog near the lighthouse at South Island when their boat ran into a dock around 5:30 a.m.

We’re told neither of the hunters were ejected from the boat, however, one of them was transported to Grand Strand Medical Center with minor injuries.

U.S. Coast Guard members, who are working during the government shutdown, assisted with bringing the boaters to land.

The incident remains under investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    one of them was transported to Grand Strand Medical Center with minor injuries.
    Wait till he gets that bill...

He is going to get 2 big ass bills. One from the hospital and one from the EMS department that transported him. I've never understood why EMS depts and Fire depts bill the people that they help because their operations are already paid for by tax dollars. Shouldn't those services be free like law enforcement?

Wonder if it was the folks asking about how easy South Island was to navigate?

Some said it was a good place to die if you don’t know what you’re doing. Others laughed.

Well they didn’t die.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Stuff happens on the water. It sure isn't reality TV.

Prayers for 2 good friends of mine please. They were going fishing in Mother Norton this morning.
    Originally Posted by VaTransplantDuckHunter
    If scducks were to give out Emmys you would get one Robbos!

Quote Originally Posted by robbbos1 View Post
    Prayers for 2 good friends of mine please. They were going fishing in Mother Norton this morning.
    Dont know where they were going in there but high tide was at 420ish. Either wont get across the jetties or will get stuck behind them. Wish them the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Can get across roughly an hour and a half on each side of high. Probably planned to spend the day in Mother Norton and come out when they can before the next high tide. Plans change sometimes...

Internet exploitation of sea duck hunting and inexperienced boating is to blame.

Some boys in their very early 20s caught wind of some scoters and blasted it all over facebook. For the last month there has been a massive wave of people from all over SC and even Georgia coming to winyah to try their hand at the big piles of sea ducks posted on the sc duck hunters page on Facebook.

Bring large groups of inexperienced boaters to unfamiliar, big waters, add fog, and you get what you expect.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Internet exploitation of sea duck hunting and inexperienced boating is to blame.

Some boys in their very early 20s caught wind of some scoters and blasted it all over facebook. For the last month there has been a massive wave of people from all over SC and even Georgia coming to winyah to try their hand at the big piles of sea ducks posted on the sc duck hunters page on Facebook.

Bring large groups of inexperienced boaters to unfamiliar, big waters, add fog, and you get what you expect.
    This man speaks the truth- like I said earlier in the season when somebody asked for guidance getting to NI. The bay is no joke people. Most days it’s fine, until it’s not!!!

I’m not putting winyah on a pedestal like most.

It’s just an Inlet like dozens up and down the eastern seaboard.

I’m merely stating the obvious. 20yr old boys with minimal boat experience in a pond, getting an outboard, deciding to duck hunt, then chancing a big water way like the bay for the first time, because of something they read on the internet is recipe for disaster.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Not that social media contributes to unnecessary pressure, but this was not an inexperienced boater.

Accidents happen and this needs to be a reminder for everyone to be safe while on the water.

I'll brake radio silence!

It was't a duck hunters!!!!!

Mother Nortons or bust!

They will be ok.

The driver is too hard headed to get hurt.

But they aren't young or inexperienced.

May they heal quickly!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post

Mother Nortons or bust!

They will be ok.

May they heal quickly!
    Def not his first time by that dock
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Ok.

......but....... bullshit.

They were trying to get to mother nortons, but hit the lighthouse dock, all but a mile away?

Fast enough to need medical attention.... in the fog?

Yep, they’re regular seaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post

Mother Nortons or bust!

They will be ok.

May they heal quickly!

It wasn’t the lighthouse dock. That part was fake news.

Only 2 docks to hit, one at the light and the other at SI-not sure how you hit either of them. Assuming they were coming from the ferry there is no reason to be on the north side of the bay going to Mother Norton. Something is being left out of the story.

Idiocy know no age and no discrimination.

I’d love to hear frosted tips tell me how he knows em and they are bonified “Baymen.”