Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting take on the shutdown

Default Interesting take on the shutdown

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...down_trap.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

People can't conceive what is happening. They are so asleep at the wheel, that they will not believe that they have actually just lost their livelihoods due to President Trump reducing the size of the government. I hope he keeps it up all year. It will be painful, but God knows we need to feel a lot of pain in this country...

I heard an interesting theory in a podcast I was listening to last night. Guy was talking about the Trump tax cuts right after they were passed, and said they would never be effective unless we reduced the size of the federal government or reduced spending. He also said the Fed needed to keep raising rates since we've had such an artificially inflated economy since the stimulus of 2009. Neither of those first two things happened, and the fed just signaled they will ease up on rate hikes this coming year. He said if Trump didn't get creative or take a hardline on something, the tax cuts would be disastrous, and predicted Trump would be primaried. It looks like what he predicted is playing out in this government shutdown with Trump taking a hardline on the wall.

The most puzzling thing about this is how the Media is locating folks that are feeling the pain of the partial shutdown. Rolling them out one after one so they can tell their story of the hardship their families are enduring.

But during the previous administration when Obama was effectively trying to kill of entire industries like the coal and steel plants, not a peep about their struggles. Since they were deemed as undesirable jobs according to the Liberal playbook, its perfectly ok for those people to lose their jobs. But now that the Government jobs are feeling the pinch, it's a National tragedy at the hands of Trump.

Maybe we will shrink the Government as a result of the shutdown but I'm not betting on it.

No. Me either, but one can hope.

So does the Coast Guard need this "shrinking" as well? We are already very understaffed at 42,000 members for the job we are tasked with. So does our level of responsibilties need to be reduced? Maybe we should stop patrolling along the South American coast for cocaine smugglers?

All I know is that when I signed up and took an oath it was under the assumption that at minimum I would be paid for my sacrifices that I make for the country. It's a hard pill to swallow facing a 95 day deployment in the near future when I'm not currently receiving a paycheck!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

A person agrees to work for a wage and should be paid accordingly if they are doing the job. Other ways to play politics imo.

You know, it wouldn't be so bad if they'd let me stay home. Afterall, it is still duck season! Having to come to work while not getting paid is what blows!!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

7 yrs. 69 days 3 hrs. 39 mins. and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    7 yrs. 69 days 3 hrs. 39 mins. and counting.
    Is that the date of your last bowl movement or what?
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    So does the Coast Guard need this "shrinking" as well? We are already very understaffed at 42,000 members for the job we are tasked with. So does our level of responsibilties need to be reduced? Maybe we should stop patrolling along the South American coast for cocaine smugglers?

All I know is that when I signed up and took an oath it was under the assumption that at minimum I would be paid for my sacrifices that I make for the country. It's a hard pill to swallow facing a 95 day deployment in the near future when I'm not currently receiving a paycheck!
    Should definitely stop patrolling the coast of South America for Cocaine. Stupid to begin with.

That said, sorry for your troubles, but if this is what it take someone to stop that bullshit wad of people just piling in everyday, then so be it.

I support the prez fully, hot damn, he’s taking a stand.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Oh don't get my wrong!!! I'm still on the train!!! Build a wall and build it tall and wide. In fact a mine field all along it would be great too! Having lived in states with what seemed like as many illegals as legal residents I've seen some of the problems that are directly caused by the influx of illegal immigrants.

In a shutdown, Congress shouldn't get paid. And they sure as hell shouldn't be in Puerto Rico hob knobbing with a bunch of lobbyists. They need to feel the pain too. No limousine, no security detail, no nothing.

Hopefully the Coast Guard funding bill, which has bipartisan support, is passed. Until then, that sucks, and I hope you get some relief soon.

Taking emotions out of the equation, I do think every federal agency needs "shrinking". Some(not the Coast Guard) need to be axed altogether. Coast Guard has a vital mission, and they execute it well. The number of illegal immigrants apprehended at sea on the west coast has increased by 10x over the past two years. That signals to me that more stress and strain will be placed on Coasties here domestically with more focus being placed on illegal border crossings by land. Trump has promised two new polar-class ice breakers for the Coast Guard, with the first scheduled to cost $750 million dollars. Sheesh.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 01-16-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    In a shutdown, Congress shouldn't get paid. And they sure as hell shouldn't be in Puerto Rico hob knobbing with a bunch of lobbyists. They need to feel the pain too. No limousine, no security detail, no nothing.
    I read an argument against that point recently. The theory is that by not allowing congress to get paid, the wealthier congressmen can not impart unfair influence over the poorer members by threatening or executing a shutdown. Essentially holding paychecks hostage until they fall in line.

Now, we know in modern times most congressmen become rich after one term anyway, so it doesn't hold a lot value as to why they should still be paid when other federal employees are not. And all we're doing is holding other federal employees' paychecks hostage anyway.

Trump is running a trillion dollar deficit. The government isn't shrinking. How did the great one let Mexico paying for the wall turn in to Rink King not getting a paycheck? Never saw that one coming,..(sarcasm alert.)
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I have been waiting on this post from you.

Yes. I would not spend a damn dime on drug interdiction. Biggest fiscal fail in the history of our country. Sell the shit out of the ships wasted on that goatfuck and pay you guys. Hell what they are wasting trying that Sinaloan peasant Juan Guzman Loera would probably fund it.

I have been thinking about you guys in this tough situation...

I was told to open my office for the 3 days, just in the event someone comes by with a question. Work on something while I am there? The bosses say it better not happen. Oh, and I don’t get paid. Makes perfect sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

That article is from 12/2018. Is there something new you were trying to link to?