Thread: They grow up fast

Default They grow up fast

My 21 year old son just left for basic in the Air Force. It’s hard to see him leave but he isn’t my little man any more. Going on his journey of life. I didn’t think it would hit me hard but it’s tough. Looking at old photos of his first deer, turkey and fish. They grow up fast and I am proud of him and love him8229B255-70C8-4CF8-AF3A-3582511E2920.jpg

That means you didn't something right raising him. Good luck to him on his journey and hopefully you don't have to turn to the hallmark channel or O network.

Amen and God Bless you and your son. Tell him we are all proud and thanks for his service.

My oldest is still heading that path also. Has a few more years.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    My 21 year old son just left for basic in the Air Force. It’s hard to see him leave but he isn’t my little man any more. Going on his journey of life. I didn’t think it would hit me hard but it’s tough. Looking at old photos of his first deer, turkey and fish. They grow up fast and I am proud of him and love him8229B255-70C8-4CF8-AF3A-3582511E2920.jpg
    What his job going to be? Ive been in the USAF going 7 years, leaving for 2nd deployment in a week. If he has any questions, or you have any questions let me know!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Mine will turn 21 in a month. He's been in the AF since 18. He'll finally be getting a state side base next month. It was a lot harder on me than I thought it would be. But, you get past it and things get better. Man, they do grow up fast. Do stuff while you can. Thank him for us when you see him again.

You will get a phone call, write it all down. Those days at graduation will be a blur, but try to enjoy them.

Thank him for his service for me, been there and done that.

Congrats Don and God bless!
    More fuel = more boost!!