Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chukar

Default Chukar

Give me some recipes, cooking 200, for a Wild game supper.

This one is pretty unique, but it's worked good for me:

De-bone the breasts; take one breast medallion and lay on a half of a jalapeno filled with cream cheese, wrap in bacon and secure with a toothpick. Cook until bacon is done.

If you really want to get crazy, marinate the chukar in Italian seasoning first.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 01-15-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Next

It's a small chicken for God's sakes. Use your imagination.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

lulz @ quackaddict
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Brine no matter what ya do.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    It's a small chicken for God's sakes. Use your imagination.
    Buffalo Chukar, Grilled Chukar Salad, Chukar McNuggets, Chukar and Waffles.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I would purchase 21 air fryers and get busy with some Dales.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Buffalo Chukar, Grilled Chukar Salad, Chukar McNuggets, Chukar and Waffles.
    You might be on to something there...

fried chukar
    chukar perlo
    red chukar stew

substitute chukar for chicken

Roll them in egg wash, then in seasoned panko break crumbs (make sure there's enough salt), and then boil them in hot grease. Serve with rice and gravy, a green maybe, and as condiments, honey mustard and a mild hot sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I would purchase 21 air fryers and get busy with some Dales.
    Bingo!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Panko bread crumb fry then bake in cream of mushroom soup.... Thats what i do with quail and its awesome. before anyone says anything about hiding the taste of the "wild bird" i like them plain grilled also... carry on.

We put the wild ones we kill out west in a dutch oven at 300 degrees with root veg like parsnips, carrots and some potatoes. Toss in a handful of dried Rainier Cherries and a cup of wine. Cook them until a leg pulls off. Or smothered in a wild mushroom, wine and cream sauce. We have never had more than a 2 man limit to enjoy. They are damn hard to come by. Unless you got them from a flight pen..
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 01-16-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Cassie doing work on a damn steep hillside above the Snake river in Idaho
    Attached Images Attached Images
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

To hijack, Cassie belongs to my buddy Scott. High dolla dog. Big runner, as in the bitch runs out of sight sometimes. She disappeared on us for a week on a Chukar hunt. A group of Winthrop Smoke jumpers found her 60 miles from where she disappeared. Her tracking collar battery had died. She was hungry and footsore when we picked her up North of Oroville, WA nearly at the Canada border..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmission View Post
    Panko bread crumb fry then bake in cream of mushroom soup.... Thats what i do with quail and its awesome. before anyone says anything about hiding the taste of the "wild bird" i like them plain grilled also... carry on.
    This is a good idea. We had pheasants cooked like that in South Dakota, but they didn't use cream of mushroom. That's downright unsavory. They made something along the lines of an alfredo sauce with fresh mushrooms. From the top, they put the fried birds in a baking dish, poured that sauce on, and baked it. They might have even put something like fried onions or ritz crackers on top. Incredible.

Thinking that cream of mushroom is un-savory might make you less of an American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fry in Earl dip in Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Longbeard Exterminator View Post
    Fry in Earl dip in Ketchup
    Didn't realize he was cooking for 6 year olds