Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kansas bound .....

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    sounds like Tallahatchie hunts, which was a place i will never go back to
    Same family. I think they own pretty much everything around that Jim Kennedy doesn't out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Got a friend heading there next week. One of his suppliers is taking him, be curious to see what he has to say.
    I will too. Let me know. I tried to book a hunt with them back in October and they could not get their shit together enough to reply to emails or phone calls. The video that they had on youtube was pretty damn stellar...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    what part?
    We will be in Sadan, been in contact with them and they said it was pretty good right now . Said the birds just showed back up with this cold front

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Some buds went to Oklahoma recently, said it was the pits. Worst duck hunting (and horrible facilities) that they had ever been on, and these guys have been about everywhere. You can cross Bluestem outfitters off your list.

Good luck on your trip.
    Who were they? Good friend of mine just got back as well and killed them a few days in a row and then it locked up on them

Columbia group.

Did your peeps go to Bluestem or Oklahoma in general?

I know a group hunting near Pittsburg. Dailey limits. They are done early in the morning.

No , this was the first time for both of us. One of the guys here that he went with films sometimes for bluestem

have fun scandler. i hunt north of there every year. pretty country. flint hills region.

i wonder what it would take to get JPC fired up about that one duck that came back without a leg....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

i wonder what it would take to get JPC fired up about that one duck that came back without a leg....
    If you're talking about the band thief episode, it wouldn't take much to get me fired up about it. Daniel claimed it, but I'm the one who actually shot it.

thats the one.

That cat was a sketchy piece of shit for certain...

Some buds went to Oklahoma recently, said it was the pits. Worst duck hunting (and horrible facilities) that they had ever been on, and these guys have been about everywhere. You can cross Bluestem outfitters off your list.

Good luck on your trip.
    I'm surprised to hear that. I follow them on Facebook and they seem to kill them on the regular. Also watched a couple shows when Fred Zink was hunting with them and it looked like a top notch operation. May have been all smoke and mirrors compared to the real thing though...

I was sold after watching that Zink video. Maybe they will get their shit together.

I was sold after watching that Zink video. Maybe they will get their shit together.
    Yeah they shot 3 or 4 episodes with them. Looked like they rolled out the red carpet.

do you have to float a shell to hunt with them?

Good luck on your trip.
    Buddy just got back from Oklahoma and said it was on. Limited all 3days.

Kasnsas sucks! First time and bad exsperience .killed 4 and 4 geese and a hawk got 1 of the 4 ducks that was shot cause the guide didnt bring his dog this morning. I am a very,very possitive person and keep a open mind for most of the trip ,but just cant see myself coming back out here. The coolest part about he whole trip was seeing all he wind miles at night flashing there red lights at the same time from miles away. We were told before we got there that they were doing realy good . Well , over heard the guide tell someone on the phone that we did pretty good one day ( 2 ducks and 4 geese). His pretty good and my pretty good dont mean the same. Hope everyone has a great remaining season, Im out!!!

Sorry for your bad trip. If you ever think the world is over populated, drive across Kansas.

Tell us more. What made the experience bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....