Thread: Gulf Snapper Shares

Default Gulf Snapper Shares

A lengthy read, but an inside look at the Gulf’s commercial snapper fishery and it’s problems.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/20...make_mill.html
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Don’t think certain people aren’t trying to do the same thing here. Fisheries regulation is about as corrupt as any goobermint entity out there.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

That is why organizations like CCA are so important
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Don’t think certain people aren’t trying to do the same thing here. Fisheries regulation is about as corrupt as any goobermint entity out there.
    There’s a certain SAFMC member that owns a little seafood house in Pawleys that would just love to privatize SC completely.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Fisheries regulation is about as corrupt as any goobermint entity out there.
    This is true, I cant believe the feds haven't stepped into the NC fisheries and investigated how corrupt certain legislatures are
    and their actual family members that own the largest fish houses and trawlers. Been that way for 50 years in NC

Shit, you can stack another 50 on top of that 50. There isn't much "authority" within 30 miles of any saltwater that isn't completely corrupt worldwide...

I started researching the subject a couple of years ago. I had to stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 9 years on the SAFMC advisory board I can tell you back then it was a waste of time and money cause nothing ever hardly got done.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I just want to go whaling.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    I started researching the subject a couple of years ago. I had to stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same.

The name "Etheridge" is all you need to research in NC from the capital to the fish company