Thread: How Safe is Safe?

Default How Safe is Safe?

After being balls deep in this news about the wall for the past few months, it brought me to some conclusions and a question I need help with.

Observations (immutable truths):
    1. Walls work, we know they work. If they did not work Tiajuana would not be overrun with caravan members right now.
    2. Walls are expensive. Walls built by the Government are even more expensive.
    3. The closer you are to any problem changes your perspective. Don't believe that? My wife and I would specifically ask not to be sat near people with children before we had a child. Now, unless a kid is losing it, I do not even notice.
    4. We still have US Customs Entry Facilities at highways across the Mexican and Canadian border.

Questions:
    Are those that oppose the wall, are they advocating taking down the existing sections of the wall?
    If money were no object, would they still oppose the wall?

Bid Question:
    Do those that oppose the wall advocate removing US Customs Entry facilities on our southern border?

I am not being cavalier or snarky, I really would like to know what the relevant thinking is on these questions. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Those that oppose the wall do so simply because Trump wants it.

If he came out against it, they would have it built by Valentines Day.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post

Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, the Clinton’s have all supported more regulations and borders. Now that trump ask for I️t they no longer want it.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

We've known Pelosi and Schumer were clowns for many years. When Trump campaigned on a big beautiful wall that Mexico would pay for, it was obvious he would be a circus clown as well. He's definitely not disappointed us in that regard.

If immigrants from the south were our most important national security issue today, millions of them would not be roofing houses and blowing leaves happily right now. That we can't focus on anything but which side of the wall issue we are or aren't on tells the entire story about how screwed we are as a nation.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I want the border shutdown as much as possible and I’m willing to pay taxes to do it.

Additional question though. How will the wall be built where the federal government doesn’t own the property? I don’t want federal government to take land from me via eminent domain. At a minimum government looking at litigation for years.

I'd be happy as hell too if I didn't pay taxes or health insurance.

I assume the govt owns much of the land along the border already?

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post

You think they'd intentionally cut off that pipeline of potential voters? They'd be spiting themselves more than they would be Trump.

Food for thought, more illegal livestock cross the southern border a day than humans on average. Sent to processors and sold as USA packaged meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Food for thought, more illegal livestock cross the southern border a day than humans on average. Sent to processors and sold as USA packaged meat.
    That's a plus. But you know it's bad when livestock won't even stay there.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 01-11-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Interesting stat....where'd you see that?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Yea, I'm curious too.

And if the narrative is a wall will stop ISIS and terrorists from crossing an open border, why aren't we pushing for a northern wall as well?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

I don't know man, but it seems like Mexican beef has been on a rise.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Catllemens Association presentation/update

Weird. I've seen the number of cattle that come across LEGALLY at the stockyards in Santa Teresa. I know several rancher that ranch on the border, and none of them have cattle crossing onto them.

Besides, it's not like cattle are taken off the ranch and slaughtered, they get americanized in feedlots first.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Gus and Woodrow did this over a hundred years ago when when they stole from the Pedro Florez ranch

Just ponder this.... SCEG spent 5.7 billion on two holes in the ground with a wall around it. And just the state of SC is paying for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk