Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Banded/Avery

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    online reviews?
    you people are idiots. why would you listen to the opinion of other idiots?
    And that’s why we don’t listen to you
    80-20 Genaration

Banded waders are garbage, I've been through 2 sets and out of the box they both leaked. Do yourself and favor and look elsewhere. In all seriousness, every single person I know that bought a set, leaked. Banded/Avery has a serious quality control issue (ie China).
    "run and gun guide service"

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Ive had two pair of banded and they leaked at the boot/wader seam. I now have a pair of Lacrosse breathables and so far so good, but I have only hunted in them 3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

So the people saying Rogers or Lacrosse waders, is there a particular pair that seems to do better or just in general their brand seems to hold up?

I've got a pair of Mad Dog (Dawg?) that came from Sportsmans Warehouse. I got them in 2007 and they have a slight leak in the bottom of the boots and it's just enough to get your socks damp if you stand in water for a period of time. I also have a pair of Rustic Ridge that I believe is the same brand just newer name. Those I got about 5 years ago and they lasted about 3 seasons and then spontaneously popped a bunch of leaks all over. Stored in a bin with nothing on them, and in a climate controlled area. So I've been wearing the old pair now and they are still going strong. A little worried about the quality now so looking at all options for my next pair

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    And that’s why we don’t listen to you
    smart move!

I just want people to realize that companies pay money for "online reviews."

Talk to glenn about YELP!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Damn! I just bought a pair of banded. Worn them 4 times in flooded timber. No leaks yet. Should of went with my gut and bought a pair of lacross. Another down side of banded is I don’t like the front pocket. If water gets in there it won’t drain until you take them off.

Quote Originally Posted by camotoon60 View Post
    Look up usia. They custom make dive suits and waders.
    Look pretty good, I’d try a pair. Too bad I just bought a shitty pair of Avery waders, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    smart move!

I just want people to realize that companies pay money for "online reviews."
    !
    Truth
    80-20 Genaration

I've been really happy with my Cabela's waders that I've had for about ten years. I'm not happy with Cabela's as a company anymore and I'm pretty interested in the frogg toggs 3 in 1.

Pretty sure those are the next set I'll be going with. I like that they aren't neoprene

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Colin4; 01-14-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Sitka or Simms will be my next pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Sitka or Simms will be my next pair.
    Mine also .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

On sale! Get them while you can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jedmonston2005 View Post
    Damn! I just bought a pair of banded. Worn them 4 times in flooded timber. No leaks yet. Should of went with my gut and bought a pair of lacross. Another down side of banded is I don’t like the front pocket. If water gets in there it won’t drain until you take them off.
    Heat up the end of an 8 or 10 penny nail and carefully poke a couple of holes in the bottom edge of the pocket so water can drain out.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I’m on my 4th pair of banded insulated in 4 years. Haven’t had a pair make it through an entire season without leaking. Only reason I am on 4th pair is banded has honored their warranty on every pair I’ve had. However the best warranty is the one I don’t have to use. This pair I’m on is the last pair of banded waders I will ever have. When these start leaking ,and they will leak, I’m going to go to a different brand. For the price you would think quality would be better. And about the reviews I’ve tried to leave a review on banded’s website several times and it never gets posted. I’ve posted a review on MPW and it got posted a few days later and is still posted.

I have a pair of Rogers. I love the comfort of them, but I've hunted in them 5-10 times this year and both boots are leaking. I contact Rogers and they said that they would refund me the money for them since they dont have the size in stock. Doesn't really do me much good for the rest of the season. Might just use flex seal or aqua seal to get me through the season