Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banded/Avery

Default Banded/Avery

Not to bash a brand, but this makes two pair of the breathables in two years that are leaking. Last year the banded waders started leaking around the boots and in the crotch. This year the Avery heritage are leaking in the crotch and on the thigh after 2.5 weeks. That is just ridiculous for what they cost. I think they are fine for hunting flooded fields, or riding to a hole in the boat....but not a man that is doing a lot of walking and crossing logs. What do I need to try now? Don’t say Sitka
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

I would start with an assessment of "am I buying the correct waders for my methods" then, if I determined that I was, I would beef up on proper wader care after the hunt.

Tater what would you consider proper wader care after the hunt? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler_Dave View Post
    In my case buy a 55 gallon barrel of aquaseal
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Why not call them and see if they'll make it right?

I hate that this isn't the first problem i've heard or seen on their durability, given how comfortable those things are.

I haven't had any problems with mine.

Lacrosse
    Psalm 23

3 weeks ago, I had a pair of banded breathables leak right out the box on a flooded rice field hunt. The only thing they have going for them is comfort. I wouldnt wear a pair of banded waders for anything other than a dry field hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler_Dave View Post
    Avoid creasing them, especially around the boot/wader connection.
    Don't trample all over them when you're taking them off.
    Lay them flat until you can hang them.

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    In my case buy a 55 gallon barrel of aquaseal
    I've had some of those waders as well....sucks.

Sitka*
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Every other pair of my Drake waders has been great, but 50% quality record is nothing to be proud of. I have always heard great things about Lacrosse Swamp Fox eaders. They seem to be the first to take a "brush pants" approach to waders recognizing that swamp hunter deal with sticks and ice. Many years ago, field guides in AR would wear Carhart overalls outside of their waders when they knew there was going to be ice. I am not sure with the new generation of waders with built in cordura type knees and butt, if that still exists. I like the Drakes when they work, I find them to be comfortable and have the features that I like. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

the reviews are all over the place on those waders. I was looking at the reviews, and people either absolutely love them, or absolutely hate them

Got some banded breathable this year I won in a raffle. Have not had any problems as of yet...... With that being said I know a lot of people have good luck with frogg togg breathable waders or at least less people that I know complain about them leaking.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I have three pair, insulated banded, uninsulated banded, and insulated Avery Heritage. No problems out of mine except for a leak that was caused by myself (broken push pole handle ripped a hole in leg). I guess I'm just lucky. Mine are hung after every hunt.

Banded/Avery will honor the warranty if it is inside a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Every other pair of my Drake waders has been great, but 50% quality record is nothing to be proud of. I have always heard great things about Lacrosse Swamp Fox eaders. They seem to be the first to take a "brush pants" approach to waders recognizing that swamp hunter deal with sticks and ice. Many years ago, field guides in AR would wear Carhart overalls outside of their waders when they knew there was going to be ice. I am not sure with the new generation of waders with built in cordura type knees and butt, if that still exists. I like the Drakes when they work, I find them to be comfortable and have the features that I like. MG
    Ice will give you pin holes in a skinny ass minute and you'll never put it all together until it's too late. The Carhartts are a damn good idea to keep in mind.

Tall folks seem to have the most problems with inseam leaks because the legs aren't made long enough.

I've had 3 pair of banded and my brother has had 2 and it's all been complete junk. All 3 were waist high breathable. I've also had the drake waist highs and they leaked bad too. Now I'm wearing the Rogers waist highs that are made by Frog Togg and haven't had any issues

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hud View Post
    I've had 3 pair of banded and my brother has had 2 and it's all been complete junk. All 3 were waist high breathable. I've also had the drake waist highs and they leaked bad too. Now I'm wearing the Rogers waist highs that are made by Frog Togg and haven't had any issues
    Just finishing my second year of the Rogers breathables and I have no complaints

Got a spray in bed liner? don't put your waders on the bottom and toss shit on top of them....

It goes like this.....
    Gun
    Shells
    Waders

They're pretty damn important so use some common sense and do your part to take care of them regardless of brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I have three pair, insulated banded, uninsulated banded, and insulated Avery Heritage. No problems out of mine except for a leak that was caused by myself (broken push pole handle ripped a hole in leg). I guess I'm just lucky. Mine are hung after every hunt.

Banded/Avery will honor the warranty if it is inside a year.
    This.. And when you grab them after taking them off grab by the boot. They make them light so the boots are heavy. If you grab them by the straps and stuff it will pull on the seams. But I would call them and talk to them.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

(901) 324-1500 ask for Stephen Pitt
    80-20 Genaration