Thread: Signum...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Signum...

Since opening up in September of 2005 we have used two payroll companies. We started with ADT and while they weren't awful they always messed up our end of the year stuff and refused to do our workers comp audits. If you've ever done a WC audit they are a huge PITA. So after a few years we switched to a smaller company, Paychex. Again, not awful but they just never set the world on fire. Their saving grace is they did the WC audits for us but were always hard to get on the phone, always messed up our year end tax stuff and our CPA was always having to teach them how to do their job. The final straw came when we received a letter from the state saying we were delinquent on taxes and they were about to place a lien on the business. It took me 3 hours of me telling them to NOT hang up or put me on hold to finally have a manager tell me, woops, we forgot to pay those and WE should have caught the error, not them. No ownership of their mistakes. That's a deal breaker.

At that point we were done and the search for a new payroll company began. I immediately contacted Johnny Reb with Signum.

From the first phone call I knew we were in the game. After the first meeting I was sold. So in December we ended our relationship with Paychex and January 1 started our new relationship with Signum. We just processed our first payroll and the process has never gone smoother. Payroll was on my desk before 0900. But payroll processing doesn't scratch the surface of what they bring to the table. If we have a new hire, they do E-verify. So that's off our plate. Fire an employee and they go to battle with unemployment. No longer in my job description. From human resources to taxes to payroll, they have got us covered.

Plus I got a new hat. Something KRT has never given me, but I digress.

If you're a small business owner/manager, even if you are "okay" with your payroll provider, you owe it to yourself to give Jon a call and let him work his magic.

I hate clerical work. The less I have to do the better. It distracts us and takes our time away from our clients and their pets. Now I've eliminated a large portion of paper pushing and number crunching and dealing with .gov so I can focus on my true passion; freestyle rap and interpretive kick boxing.
    Last edited by Glenn; 01-11-2019 at 09:50 AM.