Thread: I would argue

Default I would argue

The wide open southern border is way more of an existential threat to our way of life than ISIS or Al Qaeda ever were.

Drugs, welfare, turning red states blue...etc

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-opioid-crisis

https://mobile.wnd.com/2019/01/memo-...-an-emergency/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    The wide open southern border is way more of an existential threat to our way of life than ISIS or Al Qaeda ever were.

I would also argue that an open border is not unrelated to the threat from terrorist groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    I would also argue that an open border is not unrelated to the threat from terrorist groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda.
    100% true

Yes. A former CIA and freelance security guy for Homeland told me 8 or 9 years ago that this was our biggest threat. Not from illegal persons wanting to come work but instead the amount of terrorist groups coming across. His advice was to arm yourself and learn how to use it.

Then we need a northern wall as well.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

The national debt is the single biggest threat facing us....but the border is an issue.

Canada is vastly different from Mexico. The level of corruption in Mexico is mind blowing. For a few dollars you can do what you please. Canada is much more secure.

As a country, we face lots of issues. National Debt, Social Security, crime, etc. The problem at our southern border has been talked about for as long as I have been alive. Illegal immigration is a big problem. Politicians from both sides have been talking about border security and building a wall for many years. I truly believe it's been used to win elections. But Trump is finally taking a stand to actually do something about it.

I just hope he holds firm on his commitment here. If Barack can get 700 billion to avert a financial crisis, Trump should be able to get 5 billion to built the wall and provide better security at our Southern border.

A former co-worker of mine told me when he came across the border back in 2003 through Arizona, he saw Mexicans, Asians and what he called scary looking terrorists, during his several day trek. A border wall and more security is critical.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

Agreed.

The Canadian border is a less dangerous situation for us because THEY attempt to protect their borders. A lot of potential terrorists don't try coming in that way because they get screened by Canadian immigration/border control before they try to penetrate our northern border.

I'll be 100% honest, coming from someone that lives extremely close to the border and has hunted on it multiple times...

If Border Patrol were given the means and turned loose to do what they need to do, a wall wouldn't really be needed. Give BP all the technology and support that the military has, and this problem is shut down pretty quick. Or IF they had been given the technology/resources/green light years ago, this wouldn't have turned into a problem.

Truth be told, there really are stretches of the border that a wall would be extremely difficult to build due to the terrain.

If the wall gets built and BP isn't allowed or supported to do their job like they should be able to, we're right back to square one.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

https://www.facebook.com/10000205145...461463?sfns=cl

Appreciate the last post.
    Good stuff!

Yea you don't see that on the news.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Yeah...you got to go to FB to get the good stuff from the IRA.

Pro tip.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Why is it that we now have to get our news from Social Media, instead of Journalists? It's really sad. The media hates Trump so much, they can't provide honest reporting. They absolutely refuse to report on any news that may support the president's assertions.

All you hear is the people coming over the border are just hard working Latinos looking for jobs.

Trump should propose a $2500.00 dollar bonus after taxes for every federal worker who missed a paycheck with the money to come out of the congressional payroll, no matter if it takes years to get it all back from the congressmen and women's checks. Take it from their perks and retirement also. Let congress eat the cost personally and their ass will cut a cartwheel to get on board.
    Last edited by SC REBEL; 01-12-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Northern wall