Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Kirby peaked?

Default Has Kirby peaked?

Both coordinators have jumped ship, Oklahoma is stealing recruits, Fields was used and abused, big game calls are suspect....

Mullen will have Florida playing well soon, Bama isn't going away, ND will beat them next year, and the A&M game is a for sure loss.

8-4 is a real possibility and boom. Kirby=Richt.

you said BOOM!

are you saying there is a chance.........
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

We're going to find out. My gut tells me he's a great coach, but I've been wrong plenty of times before.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

He will always be out coached at least 2 games per season.

What's interesting to me is that when Clemson and Bama lose guys, they aren't making lateral moves, they're going on to be head coaches or leaving for the NFL. That tells you all you need to know about where UGA is right now, second tier at best and only a loss or 2 from going back to mediocrity.

Here's the deal, there are 2 dominant programs in CFB right now, everybody below those 2 are second level. Along with recruiting at an obviously high level, the one thing both those coaches have done better than everybody else is retain and/or replace top level assistants. If you have sustained success like these two, you're gonna lose assistants, can Kurbee upgrade his assistants that are getting sniped and make that jump to get in the ring with Clemson and Bama? We'll see, but it seems to me like if those guys are making lateral moves, they may be jumping ship because they know UGA is headed back to their usual 8-4......
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 01-09-2019 at 10:37 AM.

They need to hire Ray Tanner to come in and oversee this shit before it gets out of hand. In the spirit of conference fellowship, I will be glad to organize a moving party.

Yea buddy, Ray Tanner is your man.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Kirby is bringing in some studs. I am glad ND and UGA play next year, we won't have to listen to more whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I know where they can get a great OC whose masquerading as a HC.

He can #HUNH his way on over to Athens in about 3 hours.

Amazing that 10 years ago people made fun of Terry Don Phillips for hiring Dabo and praised Ray Tanner as the greatest man in the state of SC. Enjoy the pinnacle while you can.

Back on topic...Kirby is something...don't know what yet. Hailed as the savior...Saban's disciple, coming home, recruiting God... but what do you really have here? Coach that hopes for a division championship? No question he has the talent but what can he do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    They need to hire Ray Tanner to come in and oversee this shit before it gets out of hand. In the spirit of conference fellowship, I will be glad to organize a moving party.
    It blows my mind more realistic gamecock fans don't see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    Amazing that 10 years ago people made fun of Terry Don Phillips for hiring Dabo and praised Ray Tanner as the greatest man in the state of SC. Enjoy the pinnacle while you can.

Back on topic...Kirby is something...don't know what yet. Hailed as the savior...Saban's disciple, coming home, recruiting God... but what do you really have here? Coach that hopes for a division championship? No question he has the talent but what can he do with it.
    It will really go south quick if Florida wins the East next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post

Kirby wants it.. Im afraid he trips over his own feet at times.

Kirby is a Saban Disciple. Now we have seen some cracks in Saban. We have seen these cracks before, but is the game passing him by?

This article addresses Saban, but as a disciple Kirby as well.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...l-championship
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Both coordinators have jumped ship, Oklahoma is stealing recruits, Fields was used and abused, big game calls are suspect....

Mullen will have Florida playing well soon, Bama isn't going away, ND will beat them next year, and the A&M game is a for sure loss.

8-4 is a real possibility and boom. Kirby=Richt.
    Sweet Jesus but you come out swinging for the fences. You gone give some people strokes.
    I suggest the book “How to win friends and influence people”

��

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    We're going to find out. My gut tells me he's a great coach, but I've been wrong plenty of times before.
    Yea, but that was before the fake punt.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Led, I ain't biting. I will just sit back and watch the "lateral" move Chaney is making. Kirby has been done with him. You boys enjoy Chaney up there in 10RC. Let me know when you got tired of his bland non original play calling. Oh, and let me know how he recruits for you.
    Tucker took a head coaching job. That was coming

Must be a slow day on the VOLS sports page, as it is every day for the pass 10 years