Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ole boy in the ATL got it done again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Doesn't excite me either. One thing that does intrigue me is the fact that this same guy does it year after year. 200" deer last year, 190" deer this year, another 190" 3 years ago. Surely he's not the only one chasing these deer. I don't like what he does and it's not for me, but out of all the "urban hunters" he seems to get it done the most.
    I agree. Be interesting if you threw him in a rural area, what he could do. I suspect his techniques wouldn't work. But no doubt about it that he has the metro deer scenario down pat.

They apparently killed a nice one off of a 800 acre tract earlier this year.

These deer are no doubt different. I've seen giant deer all throughout Atlanta. I use to see 140" deer in my backyard south of Atlanta often, they get used to people. Period. Each deer he kills usually has a big uproar because people have been feeding said deer for years. The one he killed last year, people had pics hand feeding him during the summer. The struggle in ATL is permission.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Yep.....and if anyone thinks mature subdivision deer are easy,,........ you're crazy.
    Locating one and killing him are two different things. Kudos to the hunter.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    The only thing that is easier is locating one from the local sightings..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Having hunted the subburbs of Atl, I can tell you that it is easier. The deer aren't dumb and they have adapted to the situation. But they are always in close proximity to people and the biggest disadvantage they have is the fact that human scent is so prevalent.

And for those that might want to take a trip over and see where he finds a lot of these deer during the summer, you can start here

https://www.nps.gov/chat/index.htm
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

6B2C37E9-05A2-4305-B304-BC7055F92621.jpg

Friend sent me this picture this morning. He lives just north of 285 in Atlanta in a sub division. This is a really busy part of town and absolutely packed with people. But its near the chatahoochee