Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Rubberhead...Trolling motor shaft length

Question, storage on these little boats is lacking and it was hard for me to give up the console to batteries. There is still a fair amount of room above the batteries. What kind of problems would I be opening myself to if I cut a piece of starboard to go on top of the batteries to make a little shelf for my tackle box’s?

At one time I took a clear plastic storage box and cut it down to fit over the 2 batteries in the console. It worked well and allowed me to through raingear, life jackets etc in there without having to worry about them touching the batteries. A shelf out of starboard should be fine. Those AGM batteries do not vent like lead/acid batteries- so no worries there.

I would worry about stuff banging around and break off a connection/connector.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I would worry about stuff banging around and break off a connection/connector.
    Yeah thought about that but what I'm thinking would protect against that I think. More concerned about a little weight sitting on top of the batteries. Of course I could make a slide out trey or something but that might be more work than it's worth.

I feel like I’ve cheated myself somehow by waiting so long to get one of these. Water was zipping in the re-diversion this evening and this held my spot with ease.

F3E69D9B-28DC-4C4F-B594-9846F93C60DC.jpg
    Last edited by reeltight; 02-13-2019 at 08:20 PM.