Thread: Brilliant!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Brilliant!

I like this guy whoever he is.

Man Sells Junk Guns To Buy-Back Program, Buys New Gun With Cash

So there I am working this gun buy-back program.

And the whole time I stood there wondering, “who is the idiot who came up with this initiative?”

If you’ve never heard of it before, the way that it works is this: you bring in guns, we give you either money or gift cards, depending on how stupid your state leaders are.

The goal is to take guns off the street.

And yet for some reason, even though I’ve worked probably 50 of these damn programs, I have yet to see a felon walk in and say, “you know what? Lemme get a Walmart card for this .40 I stole from my boy.”

Nine times out of 10, those selling us their guns are law-abiding citizens getting rid of broken or unused weapons.

It’s entrepreneurship at its finest. So for that, I need to give some serious props to state leaders. While they failed at the whole “gun handover” thing, they sure succeeded at giving people a side hustle.

Like this guy, for example.

A Missouri man sold his firearms made out of scrap metal and garbage to a gun buy-back program… and then used the money to buy a real gun.

We call that man a “patriot”.

YouTuber Royal Nonesuch made a quick $300 by taking 3 firearms that he’d built out of scrap and selling them back to the state of Missouri. He described two of the pipe guns as the ‘crappiest guns I’ve ever made’ but was still able to successfully sell them off to the program.

Watching the video that Nonesuch posted, it was immediately clear that the coordinators of the events did not plan or organize as well as they should have. You can see him walk up to a man in a car to get the cash, who relayed information by yelling to another event coordinator.

“I had 3… they’re in that guy’s car,” Nonesuch told the man, who handed over the $300 without confirming or inspecting the guns for himself. “Here you go… go away,” the man says during the transaction.

(Editor note: the video was recently removed from YouTube for violating their terms about firearms.)

Nonesuch was literally able to sell pieces of scrap metal and garbage back to the ‘no questions asked’ program with an intention to purchase a rifle or pistol from a pawn shop after the sale. He stated to his followers that he would post again when he settled on a new gun to purchase.

The ‘guns’ that he sold included a .22 zip-gun style rifle as well as a 12-gauge grappling hook gun. They were functional but by no means a practical weapon or method of defense.

During the buy-back program, the guns were bought out of the coordinator’s cars, as the building that hosted the event was a gun-free zone, which we know from history is incredibly effective at keeping areas safe and gun-free (sarcasm).

Moreover, the event cost over $4,000 but coordinators had only raised about $1,500. I wondered if it was legit or not, but only bureaucrats could be this dumb and fiscally irresponsible.

And so I’d like to congratulate the Democrats who came up with this program. Not only did I get some hefty police overtime, but they helped ensure that broken guns came off the street… and some sexy new pistols made it back onto them.

‘merica.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I very nearly started a company in the 90's doing this.

Send salesmen door to door in the better neighborhoods and offer cash money to anyone who has a gun or guns sitting in the closet. Every widow in town would bite. Could. Not. Miss...

I've seen the results of a few buy-back plans. ALL we got in was absolute junk.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Good point. I think I'll stockpile some old rusty guns and take advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft