Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick muley trip

Default Quick muley trip

I drew an archery tag for muleys this year...archery tags allow you to hunt the majority of Sept, or the 1-15 of Jan. I didn’t get to hunt in Sept because I was too busy chasing elk, and didn’t want to use up my good will with the wife for the last weekend that I could have hunted since I was gone for 10 of the first 15 days of the month.

Had family in town until Wednesday night, so this is my first chance to get out. Never hunted this unit before, so it’s looking like a crap shoot before. Got in last night and got camp setup right at dark.

Drank a few beers, ate some vacuum sealed pileau and enjoyed some propane heat.

Been glassing the last few hrs since the sun started cracking with no deer seen yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Dangit. Have fun!

Homo.

Hey Tater.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

kill a big one!.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

What kinda tent is that?

Kodiak Canvas 10x10. They’re the same design as a Springbar. I love it, but usually wish it was a 10x14.

Nice...

What phoneman said, kill a muy grande’n!

Jealous

Looks like a good time

Oh yeah....
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

So far, all I’ve seen has been a stud of a bull elk. And I’m not in elk country. Caught me off guard. Tried to get a picture of him through the binos, but he bedded down before I could get it snapped. He was at the bottom of the left canyon.

Good luck I'm going on camp trip soon for a week, I like vacuum sealed pilau idea. What kind of sleeping pad are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by holdin down the fort View Post
    Good luck I'm going on camp trip soon for a week, I like vacuum sealed pilau idea. What kind of sleeping pad are you using?
    It’s an Academy brand closed cell inflatable pad that’s about 3” thick. And I put a cheap foam mat under it. It works ok. A futon mattress is the ticket. A buddy of mine has a bedroll made with one and its pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Kodiak Canvas 10x10. They’re the same design as a Springbar. I love it, but usually wish it was a 10x14.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggin View Post
    Thanks
    Here’s a better picture of it for you.

And the inside.

Nice

Good luck

Are you camped in an arroyo? Uhhh...
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen