Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yute Day

My son sat with my father. He had a large eight, a shooter at our place, come out along with a couple other small bucks. He ate and walked straight at the stand for ten minutes. He didnt offer a shot, never turned broadside. He'll grow another year.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 01-05-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Good stuff jevans
    Looks like y’all had a great time as well! I have been waiting on this day for a long long time

A head down deer shot between the shoulder blades will always drop dead and sometimes cut a backflip on the way down.

I would have taken the shot myself. Even though my son is a pretty solid shot, I have told him to hold off from taking that one. I told him after he took a head on earlier in the year.. I trailed that last buck from eight am until two in the afternoon, with a dog. He's young and has plenty of time, but I don't want him to start off on a bloodying streak. His spirit wasnt broken.

At 6'3 230lbs my youth makes a 95lb doe look like a squirrel, but he got the job done.
    IMG_4627.JPG

I have a dog Ralph that will catch a deer. If you need help finding one hit me up. He caught a 7pt this year and got stab in his chest. He had the deer by his head. I had to kick the dog off the deer to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    At 6'3 230lbs my youth makes a 95lb doe look like a squirrel, but he got the job done.
    I hope he's playing foozball somewhere. Looks like he'd make a good gamecock.

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    I have a dog Ralph that will catch a deer. If you need help finding one hit me up. He caught a 7pt this year and got stab in his chest. He had the deer by his head. I had to kick the dog off the deer to shoot it.
    Ours passed last year, so thank you. I had a guy that came out with his. Pretty cool fella and dog, the dog's name was thor or something. Looked like a full-grown damn wildebeest, meaner than hell looking. I was told not to get out of the truck at first so I wouldn't enrage him. Which Nutz and I obliged, had pics at one point.. I will say he went full at it for hours, the deer was in the clear when we jumped him the last time or I probably wouldn't have come out, that and a friends funeral to make. It was a pretty long day.

Awesome stuff guys...congrats to all the youth. We also took advantage of the additional day.

Last edited by Timberman22; 01-05-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Very nice

All of the above is very nice!

my daughter dropped her second deer of the year on Yute Day.....so did GBelly's son. (Both nice does)
    and another member's daughter shot a doe (and thought they missed) so they shot another deer that was a buck that had already shed. And I spent ten minutes explaining to them to watch out for that before they went to the stand. So I just need to buy my own place and build a huge fence and never have to deal with another human being for the rest of my life.

So, there's that.

Oh and my daughter's deer was bigger than Gbelly's son's.

The End.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.