Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jerk Rigs

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Dog nightmare
    Nightmare period! If I ever got that sh!t show set up and running...and that is a big IF...it would be a one hunt deal. I've had two spinners that have provided me less than two hours of total hunt time before I killed them. I've yet to meet a waterfowler anal enough to haul a bunch of crap like that around to a decent duck hole, set it up, take it down, and pack it up for the next trip...and I hope I never do for that matter.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Most of my hunting over the years has been done in the timber of AR. When ducks are landing in the timber the water is almost boiling like tuna feeding offshore.

We made a "T" out of PVC with G&H magnums on the three points. A bungee cord from the top center of the T with a rope to a tree. The pull rope came out of the bottom of the T. After ducks would pass over we would make waves that you could surf on. Noise, bubbles and waves. When overhead, you could lightly ease it back and forth to make ripples.

If you set it in open water it would look unnatural as all get out, but in the timber where they are focused on noise, ripples, bubbles, and muddy water, it was deadly. After a good hunt the jerk string man should be exhausted.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I also have one of those things that uses a trolling motor to pull down and turn three dekes. It worked last time I used it. You talk about motion....
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    That would drown the shit outta a boykin. Promote this stat!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    ^ Yall need a Chessy.
    So it could be ruined in half the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    That would drown the shit outta a boykin. Promote this stat!!!!
    Absolutely!!
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.