Thread: Hybrid trucks

Default Hybrid trucks

Anyone have any experience with the Silverado 4wd hybrid trucks with the 6.0?
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

My first question would be are you entertaining one and why?
    More fuel = more boost!!

The hybrid system coupled with DOD is a repair shops dream other than diesels.
    Last edited by KRT; 01-03-2019 at 09:30 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

09 with 160 on it for a 1000? Needs a battery of course and can get one installed by the geeks for 2200. Always looking for a hustle I guess.

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

CP#96743

You will be fine for some hustle assuming that’s all that’s wrong with it.
    More fuel = more boost!!

KRT my question to you would be that with 160 on the tuck already is there any possibility that the afm/dod hasn't done any damage and if not can you delete it on the hybrids?
    Last edited by DuckorBust; 01-03-2019 at 09:49 PM.

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    KRT my question to you would be that with 160 on the tuck already is there any possibility that the afm/did hasn't done any damage and if not can you delete it on the hybrids?
    There is a possibility but not likely if there is no misfire codes present or engine noise. Yes it can be deleted.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I’ll add that if you install a “range” device to cut off the dod, better make sure it’s is the correct one if they even make one.

Co-worker added a range device and a new magnaflow muffler last week. It ran like crap and was backfiring, oddly no CEL.

HP Tuning or EFI Live = for sure AFM disable.

It actually flashes PCM
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    I’ll add that if you install a “range” device to cut off the dod, better make sure it’s is the correct one if they even make one.

Co-worker added a range device and a new magnaflow muffler last week. It ran like crap and was backfiring, oddly no CEL.
    I've used the range device on a Tahoe so I'm familiar......you saying that they make a specific one for the hybrids?

CP#96743

Clown at works is an 18’ he just got it with one of those closeout deals according to him.

Is it the same system they used to put in the Tahoe’s years ago? I thought gm stopped that nonsense.

6.0 hybrid with dod deleted and lifters good.....thoughts?

CP#96743

Nope, Gen 3 of AFM

Wife’s 18 Tahoe had a rough idle. Deleted AFM and it miracously idled better.
    Last edited by KRT; 01-03-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Clown at works is an 18’ he just got it with one of those closeout deals according to him.

Is it the same system they used to put in the Tahoe’s years ago? I thought gm stopped that nonsense.
    Lol. I hear ya. Hell for that price I thought to myself I would just remove the hybrid part of it and let my son drive it until I researched what was involved. Jesus!!!!! Now strictly will be a flip!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    I've used the range device on a Tahoe so I'm familiar......you saying that they make a specific one for the hybrids?
    He bought off amazon. He contacted range and they told him his was not. They asked him to send it to them and they would try and change it. I am unclear through him that they make a specific one, or if they are going to attempt to modify his to be compatible.

Apparently the computer is confused when it tries to cut cylinders/ and active the hybrid mode and the range device is trying to keep running in v8. I’m still trying to understand what possessed him to do it in the first place.