Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget Glass

Burris

close thread
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Vortex.

Call Doug at camera land in ny......ask him about open box/store specials.

You can get some damn good deals on great glass

the trijicon posted in the trading post for $500 is a good deal on a nice scope
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Listen to em.
    If I buy one I will say I listened to Glenn and tater. I would never give my younger brother the satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    If I buy one I will say I listened to Glenn and tater. I would never give my younger brother the satisfaction.
    When it breaks will it be all 3 of thems fault or just your brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    What this guy said.

While all scopes can fail at one time or another, I’ll be damned if I take a trip out west with equipment that is known to fail. There is a reason you hear so much about their warranty. I wouldn’t own anything less than a razor if I bought a vortex.

Budget wise I would go with the swfa 3-15 if you want adjustable turrets or save up and find a used 5-20. The nightforce shv is decent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post

I’ve got a Bushnell elite 4200 or 4500 that I’ve been very happy with. I know they’ve changed models lately, so I don’t know what that equates too, but not bad glass at all.

And I have and know lots of folks with Vortex glass from a Crossfire up to Razor stuff, and I haven’t seen anyone have any issues with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

If a company is touting their lifetime warranty as part of the sales ploy, there's a damn good chance you're going to need it. There's a better chance you need it when you least want to have to use it. And a 100% guarantee the POS is made so cheaply they can afford to replace it 10X for every one they sell and still have a profit margin. Case in point Nikon, I will never spend money on another Nikon product. From camera, binos and riflescopes, every one of them I have ever had has failed.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013