Thread: WY

Default WY

Apply for your tags today

yep see what happens. Hope to chase a goat in oct
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    yep see what happens. Hope to chase a goat in oct
    Yeah that’s what I applied for. I didn’t have but one point so I hope to get lucky on a random draw. Will likely go back and apply for a super tag trifecta before it’s all said and done.

Can always pick up some left over doe tags. Thats my plan and build my points up and go get some meat
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Can always pick up some left over doe tags. Thats my plan and build my points up and go get some meat
    Yup...I’m down for that as well.

WHOOP WHOOP!! Put'n in for a Elk tag. Wish me luck!!

Just out of curiosity how often do y'all get drawn and with how many preference points?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Depends on what where you want to hunt.
    2 pts should get you a general elk tag. Half units in state are general. Rest are limited quota and you’ll need 6-12 for a good unit
    Same for mule deer.
    You can draw an antelope tag with zero pts but the units will have very limited public land that you can access and antelope inhabit. I went that tour first time and killed a nice goat on BLM. So did my buddy. I had to hike a ways and look at a lot of animals on landlocked public land. You’ll need 4 pts for a unit with a decent amount of accessible public ground that antelope actually inhabit.
    I’ve got enough points to draw elk and deer. The unit we antelope hunt is 100% draw for a private land antelope.
    You can apply for special draw and pay double with half the points requirement.
    Last edited by FLS; 01-03-2019 at 11:03 AM.

I've got 5 Elk and Mulie Points. Need to decide in the next 25 days what I wanna do. I don't wanna burn them on BS units, but if I don't go this year, it'll have to wait til 2021.

Wyoming is the easiest state to buy Pref points. Takes literally 5 mins when they get them going.

If you apply special draw you can get all but premium units.
    Regular draw you’re probably limited to a general unit, which can still be pretty damn good.

Do some research on that special draw stuff...in many cases your odds are worse than the regular draw. Make sure the juice is with the squeeze before you spend double.

I went special draw with only having 1 PP. My guide only hunts 1 particular unit, so the odds are better for special draw in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    I went special draw with only having 1 PP. My guide only hunts 1 particular unit, so the odds are better for special draw in my case.
    Cool. Wish you the best of luck.