Thread: A couple of Goldeneye pictures

Default A couple of Goldeneye pictures

When I finally kill a goldeneye it's a hen and on a foggy day (crappy for lighting). I couldn't take my time with photos because the tide was running out and I was getting corralled by oysters. Then photo-interruptus at the landing so I didn't get the killer dead duck shot of the long-sought bird. I've messed with a few of the shots I did take and this is what I've got so far.

I'm still amazed at the feet on waterfowl. WHy does an almost monochromatic bird like a goldeneye have such bright yellow feet especially when their feet are usually underwater or mostly tucked in their feathers when they're flying? Why do wood ducks, gadwall, bluewinged teal and goldeneye share the bright yellow feet? What do those birds have in commom? The only other member of the genus Bucephala is the blufflehead and they have bright pink feet. Regardless, I really like the color offset with the plain grey and brown of the bird and makes the photograph more interesting.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Nice photos
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

They are neat birds, believe it or not while in Alaska I shot a couple common and a barrows in a mountain lake at an elevation of 2,800 feet. Never would have thought i would see them there while so close to the coast.

I just can’t grasp how every bird you kill, doesn’t even have a ruffled feather! Nice pics always! I bet you could make an early pintail look like a late January bird!
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I just can’t grasp how every bird you kill, doesn’t even have a ruffled feather! Nice pics always! I bet you could make an early pintail look like a late January bird!
    And he claims he shot that one 3 times...looks like it died of a heart attack to me.

Have you ever seen a picture of him....he is that little boy jerry clower talked about that could grin them to death
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

You carry a blow dryer that plugs into the cigarette outlet on your switch board.

Very nice job on a bird you have been trying to kill for a few seasons. I'll have to catch up on the story in the other thread shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    And he claims he shot that one 3 times...looks like it died of a heart attack to me.
    No kidding. He must have shot it on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Even the water droplets on its head are perfectly placed!
    867-5309

Ha ha - I'm really a terrible shot. I almost never center a bird in the pattern. I'm happy when I can hit them with the edge. I did shoot her on the other side, though.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.