Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Broad River WMA

From looking at the past harvest numbers it was a big duck haven and a solid option to harvest a black duck, year in year out .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

It "was"...…

Guess I'll find out in a couple weeks what it's like now.

is the young guy that meets you in the morning the new biologist? We hunted it last year and it was a young guy and his dad there and they brought the cinnamon rolls First time id ever hunted the place and id always heard about the cinnamon rolls so thought it was the same guy as the past. BTW we mashed the mallards and coulda killed a pile more along with some widgeon if the guys behind us hadn't been shooting their three limits of shells for their one wood duck.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    is the young guy that meets you in the morning the new biologist? We hunted it last year and it was a young guy and his dad there and they brought the cinnamon rolls First time id ever hunted the place and id always heard about the cinnamon rolls so thought it was the same guy as the past. BTW we mashed the mallards and coulda killed a pile more along with some widgeon if the guys behind us hadn't been shooting their three limits of shells for their one wood duck.
    No, that wasn't the new guy.

Na I think the new guys name is Andrew

Some of y'all act like Bob Harkins is sitting around just dying to go work for free at a place that he spent decades working on, and others have spent a decade tearing down since he left. I have known him for a long, long time and I guarantee you that he doesn't want anything to do with the shitshow that SC Government has become. From the people in charge to the Legislature sticking their snouts in, to SCWA, to the interweb duck dynasty crowd.

You want change, you are wasting your time looking to the past. Get proactive like Strick has done with FMNF and make it happen. Or don't. Ole Bob isn't coming back to save you...

I'd save the drive if I were you,I went on 12/8 and it wasn't worth a damn.Every time I had mallards working,they would sky blast at my swinging birds or the diver ducks would be shot at even when the other group can see your birds working.Nobody has any respect for others now a days.

Im wanting to say the young guys name was Harkins as well last year. Glad I got to go on a good one. We had a blast. One of best ones id went on.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

That was Gill...Bobs son...hes gone
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

I never implied that Bob wanted back in or he wanted anything to do with the “shit show” that has neglected the place. I just can’t understand how someone would not ask for his advice, fully knowing the he was the one that pretty much built the giant there.

Quote Originally Posted by DUCK BUSTER 68 View Post
    That was Gill...Bobs son...hes gone
    Yep that was him. Super nice guy.

Because there is a large movement in South Carolina that is trying to legitimize the ringneck. Brought to you by the same crowd that tried to legitimize the shooting of pen raised yearling ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Because there is a large movement in South Carolina that is trying to legitimize the ringneck. Brought to you by the same crowd that tried to legitimize the shooting of pen raised yearling ducks.
    From what ive heard that's all that are in the tamie ponds these days in rimini so that would make sense. Another buddy hunted Bonneau ferry with his kid and that's all they saw as well. Maybe the ringneck is gonna be the new summer duck for SC. Id personally rather shoot my 3 wood ducks than to mess with a dang ringer.

The money at stake is huge for the ringneck industry. Keeps the live decoy folks in business as well...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You got that crap right. I’ve seen the tailgate shots with the face painted duck killing machines. ��

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    I never implied that Bob wanted back in or he wanted anything to do with the “shit show” that has neglected the place. I just can’t understand how someone would not ask for his advice, fully knowing the he was the one that pretty much built the giant there.
    Same thing happened at Santee Coastal Reserve.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    From what ive heard that's all that are in the tamie ponds these days in rimini so that would make sense. Another buddy hunted Bonneau ferry with his kid and that's all they saw as well. Maybe the ringneck is gonna be the new summer duck for SC. Id personally rather shoot my 3 wood ducks than to mess with a dang ringer.
    I’d rather not shoot my gun than kill a ringneck. Matter of fact when I go solo I let ringnecks swim in my decoys. Only reason a ringneck dies in my decoys is if my buddy’s have had enough and I say go ahead, or if I’ve got kids with us.
    867-5309

I mean, didn't Bog tell us they banded like 6 ringnecks and ALL of them were killed within 14 miles almost immediately? When we banded a dozen pintails in SC, I think one of them was finally killed after having flown to the Arctic Circle first.

There is nothing wrong with shooting ringnecks in a pond. Using tame mallards to lure them in is pretty lame, but if that is your thing, keeps you out of the way of the guys trying to hunt ducks...

The place used to be a great hunt. But that was along time ago. As I stated in another thread. Nothing but teal and mallards back then
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

can someone explain how you "manage for ringnecks?"

and can someone also explain what Bob would say other than "plant corn?"
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.