Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like we need a new tv

Default Looks like we need a new tv

Well it appears our trusty old Mitsubishi 73” DLP tv finally bit the dust this am, tried changing the lamp (only thing that goes out and replace it about once a year ). Tried another lamp and it appears no go, hear sound but no picture (Wife and I thinking this tv is about 12 yrs old .

Looking online and some LED’s, 4k, HDR and all that stuff. (Have a new 4k 50” on screened porch and can see difference )

Any brands better than others, one on porch is LG as are the other 2 in our house (MBR and garage ) .

I see most are 2160p and wife is wanting a smart tv for den (our old one can not even use a roku stick )

Looked at Best Buy on line and looks like we talking $1100-1500 or so, really do not want to go over that price, end of day just a tv

What size you looking for? I would also look for open boxes. They are easy to find after Christmas and their is nothing wrong with them. It’s a good way to save an extra $300-400 bucks. I’m pretty sure you can return it if something is really wrong with it.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 01-01-2019 at 11:17 AM.

If you have a Costco membership, look at the TCL with 240hz.

TCL 65S513 65" Class (64.5" Diag) 4K UHD Roku LED LCD

?????
    ????? 4.3 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.
    (81)
    Item 9650513 Model 65S5
    Tap or Pinch to Zoom

11e345678

Member Only Item

Your Price649.99$
    Free Shipping
    Price valid through 1/1/19. While supplies last.
    Shipping & Handling: $0.00*

Features:
    240 Natural Motion
    Dolby Vision
    Built in Roku TV
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    What size you looking for? I would also look for open boxes. They are easy to find after Christmas and their is nothing wrong with them. It’s a good way to save an extra $300-400 bucks. I’m pretty sure you can return it if something is really wrong with it.

Looking for 70-75” (den is 24x24 )

I have looked at the Open Box deals as well at BB,

I've done the $1500 Sonys and Samsungs. I bought a TCL 55" last year for $375 and have been very pleased with it. Great picture and sound quality is very good.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-...?skuId=5878703

That's a good deal on the one Carolina boy posted @ Costco
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Since you lost that one, you can always borrow someone else’s until you find a winner.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I bought this one back in November and have been really pleased. I got it on sale but the sound on this thing was the most impressive. I expected a great picture but the sound is great too.

LG Electronics 55SK8000PUA 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2018 Model) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079TZLD4P..._RZ6kCbCX8H8AP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drive isle at Walmart. Pick the biggest one that’ll fit in your buggy. Spend the rest of the time you would have wasted reaserching this purchase passed out watching golf. They are all good TVs now, and most all of them can be hooked to wireless. Any brand can give you a headache at some point.

No one can beat sams on tv prices. Go Visio, I’ll never own another Samsung. Last crapped out after 2 years

There is a 65” Samsung OLED at bestbuy for 1500 that’s a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    No one can beat sams on tv prices. Go Visio, I’ll never own another Samsung. Last crapped out after 2 years
    To me vizo picture quality is terrible.

I wouldn’t spend much more than $500 for a TV. The picture quality is so good it’s not worth paying for the latest and greatest because most content isn’t that high def. Still not much 4K content
    Last edited by Remy; 01-01-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Had a Small samsung, wanted to go bigger. Got a sharp aquos from sams. It sucked. Took it back and got a vizeo, it sucked. Took it back and got a Samsung. Ain’t looked back. It’s all I’ll buy
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Don't skimp on paper plates, rifles rings, and tv's

tprice,

With all due respect to your boss-lady, I'd rather have an upgraded refresh rate, pixels and/or hdmi ports than a "smart" TV. The built-in processors aren't nearly as fast, and you can get a $30 Roku or Fire Stick that'll perform noticeably better. Just my $.02.

Agree with Bart. I’ve got a smart Samsung tv and bought a Roku after a month or so bc the tv is slow as crap. You also can’t get certain apps on a smart tv

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I wouldn’t spend much more than $500 for a TV. The picture quality is so good it’s not worth paying for the latest and greatest because most content isn’t that high def. Still not much 4K content
    From his post above his last tv is about 10 years old. Most things will be broadcasted in 4K in half that time. I buy not the latest and greatest but just under it because I keep it for a long time. Direct tv already has 4K service.

Make sure it has hdr (high-dynamic range). This is honestly more important than 4K. However no way I would not buy a tv for the long term that did not have both.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 01-01-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    From his post above his last tv is about 10 years old. Most things will be broadcasted in 4K in half that time. I buy not the latest and greatest but just under it because I keep it for a long time. Direct tv already has 4K service.

Make sure it has hdr (high-dynamic range). This is honestly more important than 4K. However no way I would not buy a tv for the long term that did not have both.
    I would agree I just don’t see today’s tvs lasting much more than 5 years. I’m sure some do but most crap the bed sooner than they used to.

I’m probably the only dude that’s still got a plasma going strong.