Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hunter safety course (ping Duck tape)

I been hunting for 50 damn years. I'll be goldarned if some whippersnapper is gonna be givin' me a damn huntin' test. I'll be a' settin' in the rocking chair on the porch with my side by side across my lap if you got something to say about it.

Like PM, I had to take it in the 90's when they make it a requirement. And like HS, it was at my high school so it was stupid convenient. I got my lifetime license a few years back so having to find it every year is a thing of the past.

I'm not for any barriers to enter our beloved pastime by any means, but I'm kinda torn on this one. I mean, anyone think it might prevent some grown men from shooting holes in their friends' UTVs?

I'd vote no.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Peeler has been on the SC Deer Hunter Facepage.

Have any of you known or do you know anyone who has not passed it and been unable to hunt because of it?

And yes I’m setting a trap here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have any of you known or do you know anyone who has not passed it and been unable to hunt because of it?

I've personally never heard of anybody that failed it...That in itself is a statement of some sorts.....

I'm way beyond the grandfathered in date, but I had to take it anyway to hunt OOS.

I am 46. I had to take it to get an out of state license for some state I visited. Both of my boys had to take the online course when they turned 16. In all cases - it was a waste of time. At least it was free back then. It’s ridiculous to think anyone wanting to hunt would have to pay $25 for such BS training.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    How about a competency test for politicians? Let’s start there.
    Shots fired. Let's hope nothing else emotional happens or we'll be hunting with slingshots, registered of course.

I took it a few years ago to comply with OOS laws. It was stupid easy then and looking at it now, it seems to be all online. My question is how do they know the person doing the work online is the person getting the license?
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

They don’t know. And they don’t care if you blow your head off. They’re making the same amount of money either way
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Yeah, this is nonsense. I thought a few of y'all play at the Clinton house what is Mike Johnson thinking? Honestly I know nothing about the place. I can't imagine giving credence to something like this. It's way out of bounds.

There are federal laws that protect workers over 40 from a "disparate impact". Purposefully targeting hunters over 40 appears to create this impact, as many older hunters would not/maybe could not pass. ( I realize this is not the working world, but you have to use their own laws to win this). In the working world you also have to judge a worker over 40 based on their ability. Is there any statistical evidence to support that hunters over 40 are more dangerous than those under 40? Basically, this is age discrimination by removing the previous 1979 date.

Holy hell. Want to ensure a whole bunch of people never buy a SC hunting licence as long as they live? Pass this bill...

Hope DNR can survive on Fishing licence money...

I may not be a sc resident by next season anyways. Screw em !
    80-20 Genaration

Treble hooks can yank an eye out...

Quote Originally Posted by jwmetz View Post
    There are federal laws that protect workers over 40 from a "disparate impact". Purposefully targeting hunters over 40 appears to create this impact, as many older hunters would not/maybe could not pass. ( I realize this is not the working world, but you have to use their own laws to win this). In the working world you also have to judge a worker over 40 based on their ability. Is there any statistical evidence to support that hunters over 40 are more dangerous than those under 40? Basically, this is age discrimination by removing the previous 1979 date.
    People over 40 are competent, people under 40 are not. Don't worry if you're under 40, for only $25 you can be competent as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

I took it right before hunting season when i turned 16. It was the last class offered bofore season so last chance. Back then it was done at the sumter police dept taught by a Holloway lady that later became a game warden. We had a few misfitts in the class and the second day a few wardens sat in the class. Richard Wheeler and Larry Keeling that i remember. They let these kids sit through the whole class and right before the test kicked them out and made them take it again another time. Im sure they probably hunted anyway but i gained alot of respect for those two men after that.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I had to take the hunter safety course in georgia to get my license. I was in college at the time. This was in 1998. The laws at the time were different, but it was a free class. The people in the class were all over the place. It was mostly younger kids who were excited about hunting, but there was one older gentlemen who could barely read. He got caught rabbit hunting with no license. The GW didn't fine him, but he had to get the license and take the stupid class. I felt bad bc that man had spent more time in the woods than most of us here, but he had to take a test bc of some stupid law. Atlas it was free.

Making a man pay for the test is pure bullshit.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

I took it in CO in 1975 in tech school because anyone born after Jan. 1, '49 had to have in order to purchase a license. I then took the instructors course to teach it. I was born in '52 and have my over 65 lifetime, they can kiss my ass if they think I am taking it.

Damn Right.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    Atlas it was free.
    I see what you did there. Nice typo, John Galt.