Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter safety course (ping Duck tape)

Senator Harvey S. Peeler must be a rino pandering for attention

Already submitted three bills to get attention.
    One against dhec, left lane drivers, and daylight savings time for 2019 session

DT. Please tell him to stop being a douche bag.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I am glad y'all are paying attention. Senator Peeler is powerful. I suggest you let your feelings be known to your senator. I will keep an eye on it.

The bill would go to Senator Campsen's committee.

Hunter education is an important safety tool but not necessary for lifelong hunters. Unfortunately the course is a barrier to enter our sport. We need to encourage each generation to continue to hunt. The anti-hunter attack is relentless. It does not help that DNR agencies are being influenced by biologists favoring non-consumptive policies.

I see no reason to support the bill unless I can amend it to remove duck hunting privileges from rubber heads followed by public flogging and barrel bending.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by dbenn454 View Post
    Can I take a hunter's ed course that says I'm responsible enough to hunt wma on Sunday?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    You take a test drive a car. Should be required to hunt. Should be required to operate a vessel. Makes sense to me.
    Tell me something, how did you learn to wipe your ass? The govt. doesn’t have a class for that, so did you have to call up your mayor’s office and ask if they could send someone to your house to show you?

Look it makes sense for a new hunter to be required to take test regardless of age. Now if you had a hunting license for thirty years you shouldn't be required.

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    You take a test drive a car. Should be required to hunt. Should be required to operate a vessel. Makes sense to me.
    Hmmm? Seems like commons sense, huh? Fortunately, the founders of this country had uncommon sense and wrote a plan for an enduring country that kept power in the hands of the individual instead of the state. What would keep the state from making a competency test that nobody could pass, except them and their officers?

Driving a car and operating a vessel aren't God given rights that are explicitly guaranteed by our Constitution.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 01-01-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Hmmm? Seems like commons sense, huh? Fortunately, the founders of this country had uncommon sense and wrote a plan for an enduring country that kept power in the hands of the individual instead of the state. What would keep the state from making a competency test that nobody could pass, except them and their officers?

Driving a car and operating a vessel aren't God given rights that are explicitly guaranteed by our Constitution.
    The founders did not say that the rights listed in the Constitution were the only rights an individual had. Driving a car and vessel should be rights.

The Hunter Ed course can be completed fully online now. The pages make you wait between questions for a certain amount of so that even if you knew the answer, the test would still take a total of 5 or 6 hours. I helped three people through the process last year and I can say it is a massive barrier to entry for hunting. The course is a total waste of time. The information in it is fine - but it is not a test of knowledge or safety. The test is only a roadblock to inviting a new person hunting.

At least you can complete it online now. Before to take someone new they had to complete the online course and then take a paper test a local testing place or take the full day course with DNR.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    The founders did not say that the rights listed in the Constitution were the only rights an individual had. Driving a car and vessel should be rights.
    It may not be a Constitutionally protected Right but it damn sure aint a Privilege bestowed by the Government as many beaurocrats and sheeple describe it.
    It's called Freedom.
    Leave me the fuck alone.

I took a hunters safety course in NJ 1967. Pre computer days, my father took me to the Game Wardens house. We had a one on one discussion in his den. Lasted maybe an hour, so what takes 8 hrs. I'm sure there's no record of it. But why 8 hrs.to teach a hunters safety course. What requires 8 hrs. to teach ? Manners , if that's it a good many passed that should have failed ?

From what I can find it’s currently $24.50 per test. Straight up money grab if it goes through. They have to do it online, I can’t imagine they’d have enough staff to do 8 hours of training for everyone in SC that would need to take the course.
    Last edited by Cdnredneck; 01-01-2019 at 11:39 AM.

A lot of us did. It's call three tours in Iraq dickface. An effin Hunter education course that I can take online for $25 won't tell me how to safely use a weapon. For fuksake.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

This is a flat out "no" to me.. I even had the course, they offered it in my high school as a class. Why not take it for an easy "A"? What's funny is our teacher showed Deliverance in class towards the end of the year. He thought it could be educational.. He only caught parts of the edited version. I could have cut this off at the pass, but.. I mean. A grown man back then very well should have known what happens in Deliverance..

Ive got my Card in my pocket. Had it for 20 something years
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I am with him on DST. Keep it one way or the other. Damn all this switching back and forth
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I took it in the early 90s to get my GA license.
    My ten yo recently took it as required course of PE at school.... She aced it.
    I don't have a problem with newbies taking such a course for gun safety, ethics, etc but suddenly trying to require those grandfathered in is a money grab and BS!
    I can assure you my ole man will not....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

How about a competency test for politicians? Let’s start there.

Werd...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Didn’t we vote overwhelmingly in 2010 to make it a constitutional right in SC for folks to hunt and fish?