Thread: Hunting in the rain.....Again

Default Hunting in the rain.....Again

I'm older than I care to admit, but Thank God I don't feel as old as I am.

Was nobody to take me hunting when I was little, so I was driving age before I ever got to go deer hunting...Just something I wanted to do and I taught myself.

47 years since then and I haven't missed but one opening day, that was from taking my oldest son on a moose hunting trip to Manitoba...Never missed a closing evening...If I live until sunset tomorrow, that will be another one...Most seasons I didn't miss a day, going morning or evening, lots of times both, and sometimes all day.

But I have NEVER,....EVER,....And I mean EVER, hunted in so much %÷*,%^#@! rain in my $%&*!#@*&<>! LIFE.....!!!!!

Come July or August I may be praying for rain, but right now I'm praying for it to stop.......

Yep. Have had a lingering musty smell on me and my gear most of the season.

But I’m out here now and will be again tomorrow.

Default Hunting in the rain.....Again

I’m doing the same. Reminded my wife that the season was almost over...she looked at me funny and said well you better get out there because we need more meat in the freezer!

And I agree. Damn all this rain, but I know I’ll be praying for it come corn planting time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 12-31-2018 at 05:00 PM.

This has been the slowest season for me ever... every wma that I hunt is under water. I got enough meat for the freezer, but I can count on my hands and feet how many I have seen from the tree.

Yep not to mention the damn mosquitos are back.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

dam a moh skeet oh
    At least I'm housebroken.

We had the thousand year flood, Hurricane Matthew, T.S. Irene and now the rains of 2018. That is an insane amount of water in the last few years.

We had a great year. Only allow 5 killed a year. 2 Bucks and 3 doe's on this large tract of 1.27/acre. Same as last year.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I try to make it a point to never complain about rain.. but I'm ready for some vitamin D, and flip flops. Give it about three more weeks, and I would be happy if the highs were in the 80s till summer.

I can and have shot plenty of birds in the rain this year, but my sweet ass will only deer sit in a tower stand in the rain.

Only second year in 32 years I will go with no kill. Hunted a grand total of 5-6 times, least amount ever. That drive wasn't there this year.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    but I'm ready for some vitamin D
    Sinner

You've got filthy thoughts