Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Waterfowl Choke for Benelli

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Best Waterfowl Choke for Benelli

What waterfowl choke have you found that patterns best out of a Benelli M2, in mid to long range? Shooting 3", mostly #2's and #3's and occasional BB's. I have read the reviews on the Rob Roberts chokes, but is the juice worth the squeeze?
    "run and gun guide service"

Modified
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by dox08 View Post
    What waterfowl choke have you found that patterns best out of a Benelli M2, in mid to long range? Shooting 3", mostly #2's and #3's and occasional BB's. I have read the reviews on the Rob Roberts chokes, but is the juice worth the squeeze?
    RR T2 and you won’t be disappointed
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    RR T2 and you won’t be disappointed
    Second this. But no aftermarket choke is going to revolutionize your kill ratio over the factory one. Only practice can do that.
    Last edited by Remy; 12-31-2018 at 10:39 AM.

D2 chokes (death and destruction) by Swamp Warriors

I patterned a few off the shelf chokes in my sbe2 and the ones that came with the gun from Benelli were just as good as anything out there. 28” barrel. Just stay away from a ported choke if you decide to with an aftermarket. Your hunting buds will thank you. Since patterning I haven’t talked the mod choke out of my sbe.

RR makes top shelf shit. No doubt. But I think the allure to his service is having the gun completely worked by him - trigger, slammer button, forcing cone, his chokes, etc.

Factory. Had my gun done by RR and shot his choke verse factory IC and it patterns better. Now he recommends federal blue box shells while I shoot Fiochi.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Not a benelli man, but I do a carlson's improved modified on the Franch

I have a briley light modified in mine. Use it for everything
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

The one you get used to, stick to, and learn to shoot long term.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The one you get used to, stick to, and learn to shoot long term.
    Solid advice
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I had to look at my twenty yesterday to make sure which choke I had in when someone asked. I thought it was a factory mod, it was. I've got imp c in most of my guns that don't leave, but my main duck o/u is choked with two mods.

I shoot modified out of my Benelli

I shot all of my factory chokes on paper. They had holes all in the pattern. I bought that briley light modified and its the most consistant one ive ever used. Not too tight for decoy birds but tight enough for popping the ones trying to get out of the hole. Throws buckshot well too. Like Jab said i never take it out the gun. Its what ive got used to
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

There is a reason most 12 gauge guns pre choke tube came modified- it works best 90% of the time regardless of shot size or game. Choke tubes and the old poly choke were considered sales gimmicks by most of us when they started going mainstream.
    Practice and controlling your trigger in regards to range is the best choke tube you can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    There is a reason most 12 gauge guns pre choke tube came modified- it works best 90% of the time regardless of shot size or game. Choke tubes and the old poly choke were considered sales gimmicks by most of us when they started going mainstream.
    Practice and controlling your trigger in regards to range is the best choke tube you can shoot.
    In my beater humpback it had a 26” ic barrel which was great for wuail and rabbits but i picked up a 28” mod barrel and the 26ic is now collecting dust. Its deff a do all choke. That briley shoots like a modified fixed choke.

RR T2 end of discussion

I use a Kicks High Flyer, Improved Cylinder, in my SBE II for everything. Very satisfied.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

I know everyone likes to buy the cool chokes with gimmicky names but in reality choke tubes are still pretty basic in that they serve to constrict the shot mass within the wad before exiting the barrel.

Keep you shots to 45 yards and under. Learn to judge distance. Learn how to move the shotgun. Merely practicing will render limited results. You need to understand proper technique and work on your flaws.

What happens behind the shotgun is way more important than what happens in front of the shotgun.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I know everyone likes to buy the cool chokes with gimmicky names but in reality choke tubes are still pretty basic in that they serve to constrict the shot mass within the wad before exiting the barrel.

Keep you shots to 45 yards and under. Learn to judge distance. Learn how to move the shotgun. Merely practicing will render limited results. You need to understand proper technique and work on your flaws.

What happens behind the shotgun is way more important than what happens in front of the shotgun.
    This! There is no magical choke with secret Jedi power. You may find that a particular choke brand may work a little bit better with a particular load but it usually makes no practical difference (however constriction will). If you are on “em” you are on “em”. If you aren’t, the gun industry, boutique choke tube industry and makers of 3.5 inch shells, just make more money....... PT Barnham was right. Ain’t America great? In all seriousness, give a Lt. Mod. choke a try.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.