Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great White......Folly Beach

Default Great White......Folly Beach

https://wpde.com/news/local/shark-pi...ar-folly-beach

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Didn't open the link, but I'm guessing it's about the infamous Sonny Ledford?

Newsflash: Shark found swimming in the ocean!

I have shark tracker app on my phone. You would be very surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggin View Post
    I got on in my boat, every time we go out we find them.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

If sharks wanted to eat people, you couldn't swim in the ocean. They are everywhere.

I remember cobra fishing in Panama City on my buddy's viking years ago. The fish migrate up the beach and you ride in the flybridge looking for them to throw a jig or eel at them. The water is really clear down there. We would see huge hammerheads cruising on the second sandbar within probably 50 yards from the swimmers. It was sort of creepy.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Hell, you can go on one of those piers in Myrtle Beach and see sharks swimming right next to people on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    If sharks wanted to eat people, you couldn't swim in the ocean. They are everywhere.

I remember cobra fishing in Panama City on my buddy's viking years ago. The fish migrate up the beach and you ride in the flybridge looking for them to throw a jig or eel at them. The water is really clear down there. We would see huge hammerheads cruising on the second sandbar within probably 50 yards from the swimmers. It was sort of creepy.
    Is that like GI Joe cobra fishing, Karate Kid cobra fishing or like snake charmer dot head cobra fishing?

Get on any pier along the coast and you’ll see them cruising.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The ocean the shark home

Our murky water puts them out of sight out of mind.

First time I surfed the jetty wall at Sebastian Inlet, my eyes were opened to how many are arms length away from you along any beach on the east coast.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I will say, after seeing a white shark last year, that is a whole different ball game when it comes to sharks. That thing looked like it would eat my big ass in one bite.

Nah man, it would tear you to shreds then eat you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I will say, after seeing a white shark last year, that is a whole different ball game when it comes to sharks. That thing looked like it would eat my big ass in one bite.
    One bucket list item I have is to troll those foam seals in South Africa and watch those monsters breach.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggin View Post
    Bet he wouldn't be...

Had one swimming around the boat one day fishing the Greenville. My son was standing on the forward seating in the Pioneer fighting a fish when his rod doubled over. I grabbed him by the life vest as he was about to go over the side. About 2 seconds later that shark surfaced 15’ from the boat. That was the last time I ever let him stand on the forward seating for anything. Also made me start searching for another boat with higher gunwales.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    One bucket list item I have is to troll those foam seals in South Africa and watch those monsters breach.
    according to Shark Week, they dont breach anymore, or not like they used to. Apparently two killer whales with floppy dorsal fins moved in and started eating all the great whites' livers, so the sharks moved out

Maybe. I’m betting the local crowd watched the NatGeo boys do it and thought “we can make some money doing this.”

The hippie NatGeo guys couldn’t stand the thought of that so they fabricated a story.

I sure hope there’s a group of good ole boys in Cape Town that told em to eff off, and they do it just for fun.

I need to find those boys.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    And that would be a big damn bite

Fucker is eating the shit out of our redfish .... even more reason to catch one.... and hang him from the Megadock marina
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

It is interesting to me how far they travel