Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What green light?

Default What green light?

Going to buy me a green light to put on my rifle. Who here uses them and which one. Pro and cons of different brands. What do you guys suggest and what to stay away from.

I don’t know about green, but I have an Orion predator red light on a .17 WSM, and have been happy with it. It came with mounts and a pressure switch.

For what is worth. I have a motion activated green light in the cut behind the house outside my boys room. They put scraps and corn and stuff to watch critters. There not spooky at all. The previous white light cut on and they would scattered. Not a weapon light but thought it would help

I have a KLR250 in red. Can count the points on a deer at 200yds with a decent scope. Wildlife Technologies. It's 10 yrs old or so, don't know what's out there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggin View Post
    For what is worth. I have a motion activated green light in the cut behind the house outside my boys room. They put scraps and corn and stuff to watch critters. There not spooky at all. The previous white light cut on and they would scattered. Not a weapon light but thought it would help
    Thinking about that also to put on a feeder. What brand you got?

2 of the cheaper wildlife moonshine lights. Works great. Have worked for about 2 years

I have a Laser Genetics ND5. It's amazingly powerful but not really suited to mount on a rifle due to it's size. I like the ND3 x 50 for mounting.

anybody used the cyclops

I have the Sniper Hog light system. I have red, green and IR lenses. It’s pretty good.

I’m buying thre of the Elusive Wildlife feeder lights to put on the hogs areas.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The $40 Moultrie feeder lights are great. Even the cheaper wildgame innovation lights are good enough to light up hogs. I've killed a couple at 140 yds with a cheap Bushnell scope.

That one the Swift Strike posted is what I have. Had the company name wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    xl250 red

I need to be schooled in this. We're gonna get busy on hogs this year and my plans for night vision are running into budget issues. Red or green for hogs? That's the first question.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I need to be schooled in this. We're gonna get busy on hogs this year and my plans for night vision are running into budget issues. Red or green for hogs? That's the first question.
    I've used both with a bow. I couldn't say one worked better than the other. Both would spook the pig if held on over 5 seconds at close range.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was just looking at the Elusive Wildlife setup with the HD light and a separate switch so you can gradually increase the light level. Seems like a good way to help avoiding spooking the pig. But I'm in the learning phase. It's either this or a cheap ass ATN 4K
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I was just looking at the Elusive Wildlife setup with the HD light and a separate switch so you can gradually increase the light level. Seems like a good way to help avoiding spooking the pig. But I'm in the learning phase. It's either this or a cheap ass ATN 4K
    Flicking the light on and off seemed to condition the hog like it was lightning. I would flip it off after 2 seconds and kept doing it until he was in the correct position. Once you do that a few times I could hold it on 8-10 seconds for the shot.

A rifle light from a distance might now bother them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-27-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Never used mine on hogs but with coyotes and fox, the trick is to not light em up till you're ready to shoot. The XLR250 has a narrow beam and halo around it, use the halo to search for eyes and ID once you find them, but don't light em up till you're comfortable with the shot. The full force of the beam will usually stop them and sometimes spook them.

I'm thinking green over the red

Geton where you can change lenses. The system I bought you just put in the new lense and you’re good to go.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013