Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrows of choice

Default Arrows of choice

Too many choices out there, what is your arrow of choice?

Carbon Express Pile Drivers
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Easton Axis for bow. And. Excalibur Diablos for crossbow

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

was using the carbon express maximas now using the goldtips hunter pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Using Bloodsport Evidence 350s right now, 10.2 gpi, 60 grain outserts and 125 grain heads.

I did shoot a doe last night with Gold Tip traditionals with 100 grain brass insert and 150 grain head. Whatever you go with I suggest trying to get your total arrow weight up around 500 grains.

Carbon express maxima reds close thread. I’m not a heavy arrow guy. I have been shooting arrows that weigh around 400 grains for 12 years never had a problem.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-26-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Whatever you go with I suggest trying to get your total arrow weight up around 500 grains.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Why?
    More arrow mass equals a greater chance to get through heavy bone. I'm a fan of heavier arrows but some people are not. 500 seems to be a happy median for a lot of people with out slowing your bow down too much.

CX Heritage 350's

Black eagle rampage with the 50gn outsert. Very happy with them

Shooting a Easton FMJ, the 12.1 GPI one, can't remember all of its names. With a 75gr brass insert, blazer vanes and 100gr tip. Total arrow comes out to around 530+/-gr. Still considering going to 125gr heads. FOC works out to 13.71%

Bow is quiet and the arrows fly really nice.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Shooting a Easton FMJ, the 12.1 GPI one, can't remember all of its names. With a 75gr brass insert, blazer vanes and 100gr tip. Total arrow comes out to around 530+/-gr. Still considering going to 125gr heads. FOC works out to 13.71%

Bow is quiet and the arrows fly really nice.
    If everyone would just try a high FOC arrow the industry would quit making lightweight inserts. Chronographs are the worst thing to ever happen to archery

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Why?
    So you don't see arrows hanging out of deer when they run off like they do on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    If everyone would just try a high FOC arrow the industry would quit making lightweight inserts. Chronographs are the worst thing to ever happen to archery
    Preach. Now if only Magnus will make some 150 or 175 grain black hornets I could add some more weight to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Preach. Now if only Magnus will make some 150 or 175 grain black hornets I could add some more weight to mine.
    https://www.kudupoint.com/product/kp50ext-3-pack/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Maxima Blu RZ

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    https://www.kudupoint.com/product/kp50ext-3-pack/

You like those heads? I was kicking around the idea of some 125's
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I was just referring to the screw in weights.

But I have shot those heads and they spun/flew great. Have a friend that’s killed an elk and a deer with them and likes them a lot...I don’t know if I’ll shoot them just because I can’t resharpen them worth a damn.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I reckon my old Easton XX2016's need a cooler name these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I reckon my old Easton XX2016's need a cooler name these days.
    Well, a 2016 is some Nancy-ass spines unless you’re shooting a kids recurve.