Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrows of choice

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Yea, but do you get the cool wooden box like the iron wills come in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve got a buddy that could make me some sweet wooden matchboxes. And I’d have lots of money for Keystone Lights leftover.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    I’ve got a buddy that could make me some sweet wooden matchboxes. And I’d have lots of money for Keystone Lights leftover.

Now you’re just showing off.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

You know me...

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Just added iron will's collar to the front of my arrow, 25grns. The last arrow I weighed came in at 562 grains, 200 grains up front. Gonna shoot through a chrono later this week and see what speeds I am getting. Pin gaps aren't out of whack like I thought they would be.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Just added iron will's collar to the front of my arrow, 25grns. The last arrow I weighed came in at 562 grains, 200 grains up front. Gonna shoot through a chrono later this week and see what speeds I am getting. Pin gaps aren't out of whack like I thought they would be.
    What are your specs?

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    What are your specs?

29.5 inch draw, 70lbs draw weight, 28.25 inch arrow.
    5mm FMJ 300spine, 75gr brass insert, 3 blazer vane, 100gr point
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 02-11-2019 at 04:23 PM.

What bow?

Halon 32 6

I'm curious to see what kind of speeds you're getting with that setup since we have almost identical arrow specs.

29 inch 5mm 300 fmj, 3 blazers, 4 inch wrap, 75 gr brass insert and 125 grain head.
    67 pound Prime Logic, 29 inch draw and I have the 255fps sight tape on it which seems to be pretty close but I haven't shot it through a chrono yet. It's slow but shoots those big fixed blades like darts out to 80 yards. I'm betting you'll be 20fps faster, maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I'm curious to see what kind of speeds you're getting with that setup since we have almost identical arrow specs.

29 inch 5mm 300 fmj, 3 blazers, 4 inch wrap, 75 gr brass insert and 125 grain head.
    67 pound Prime Logic, 29 inch draw and I have the 255fps sight tape on it which seems to be pretty close but I haven't shot it through a chrono yet. It's slow but shoots those big fixed blades like darts out to 80 yards. I'm betting you'll be 20fps faster, maybe more.
    Coastal, How do you like that Prime Logic? I've seen them on hunting shows but I've yet to see a Prime bow in person.

Also, posted my speeds in another thread, not far off from your sight tape guestimate.

Coastal, How do you like that Prime Logic? I've seen them on hunting shows but I've yet to see a Prime bow in person.

Also, posted my speeds in another thread, not far off from your sight tape guestimate.
    I can’t speak to how they shoot, but one of my best friends runs a bowshop here in NM. They’ll take a dry fire like a champ. They have a customer that’s dryfired his 3 times since Sept and the limbs and cams have been perfect after each one .

That's a hell of a selling point. I'm surprised we don't see more of them in SC.

I really like mine, I was torn between the triax and logic last year but ended up with the prime. The Mathews was alittle quieter and and had less vibration. But the prime had a rock solid back wall, balanced better and I could hold steadier at distance. The little vibration it had cleared right up with a stabilizer. It's a sweet shooter and is a breeze to broad head tune.