Felice and Boudleaux Bryant you may not know their names but you darn sure know their songs. I hadn't thought about them in years until tonight when I was watching Johnny Cash 1970 Christmas Show. He had the Everly Brothers and their dad Ike Everly on the show along with his brother Tommy Cash and his mom and dad Mr. and Mrs. Ray Cash. He mentioned some songs Boudleaux Bryant wrote. One was 'Cherokee Dinner' and the other was 'The Indian Never Was An Ape'.

Boudleaux and Felice wrote a bunch of songs for the Everly Brothers but the song that got them into country music was a song titled 'Country Boy'that Little Jimmy Dickens recorded. In the 1950s they wrote 'Sugar Beet' (Moon Mullican) and 'Midnight' (Red Foley).

In 1962, The Bryants wrote "Too Many Chicks," a song that became a hit for Leona Douglas, the first African-American woman to record as a country music singer.

They moved to Tennessee and wrote "Rocky Top" the song played by the Pride of the Southland Band at University of Tennessee sporting events.

Little Jimmy Dickens recorded:

• Country Boy (1948)
• "Bessie The Heifer"
• "We Could" (credited solely to Felice)

Everly Brothers

• "Bye Bye, Love"
• "Wake Up, Little Susie"
• "All I Have to Do Is Dream" (credited solely to Boudleaux)[2]
• "Donna Donna"
• "Brand New Heartache"
• "Problems"
• "Poor Jenny"
• "Radio & TV"
• "Oh True Love"
• "Take a Message to Mary"
• "Bird Dog" (credited solely to Boudleaux)
• "Like Strangers" (credited solely to Boudleaux)
• "Always It's You"
• "Love of My Life"
• "Love Is All I Need"
• "Lonely Island"
• "Just in Case"
• "Devoted to You" (credited solely to Boudleaux)
• "You Thrill Me"
• "Some Sweet Day"
• "Sleepless Nights"
• "Nashville Blues"
• "Love Hurts" (credited solely to Boudleaux)

Other artists that have recorded their songs:

Buddy Holly, Gram Parsons with Emmylou Harris, Emmylou Harris, Ricky Van Shelton, Johnny O'Keefe, The Osborne Brothers, Skeeter Davis, Ray Charles, Roy Clark, Jimmy Sweeney, Jim Reeves, Bob Dylan, The Beach Boys, Nazareth, Eddy Arnold, Charley Pride, Sonny James, Leo Sayer, Jerry Lee Lewis, Tony Bennett, Frankie Laine, Count Basie, Dean Martin, Joan Jett, Simon and Garfunkel, The Grateful Dead, Elvis Costello and one I know you've heard with David Frizzell and Shelly West "Your The Reason God Made Oklahoma."