Thread: Ranger boats?

Default Ranger boats?

I have about made up my mind on purchasing a new boat but getting all the opinions I can. I have found a 2019 Ranger 1862 CC that I love the looks of. 90 HP Mercury motor. I have looked at War Eagle ($$$), Sea Ark, G3, etc, but for the money I think I'm making the best decision. Anybody have one or ever ridden in one?

My wife bought me an 1862 Ranger MPV with a side console and a 90hp Mercury. I really like it a lot. She got about every option available. Handles well, and will go faster than I care to go. Rangers have a lifetime hull warranty too. She looked at every major manufacturer, and learned a lot in her research. One interesting thing she learned, War Eagle boats have zero hull warranty.

Thanks for the info Bear.

My uncle bought a 1862 side console with a 90 mercury when they first came out. Boat rides and handles great and the bow stays low when planing off. It's basically a Triton hull so it's not a speed demon but its a very stable platform. It's a better ride in rough water than a War Eagle but rougher than an Xpress hyper lift hull in my experience. Overall a great boat and I'm sure you'd be pleased with it.

Thanks Woodie

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    My uncle bought a 1862 side console with a 90 mercury when they first came out. Boat rides and handles great and the bow stays low when planing off. It's basically a Triton hull so it's not a speed demon but its a very stable platform. It's a better ride in rough water than a War Eagle but rougher than an Xpress hyper lift hull in my experience. Overall a great boat and I'm sure you'd be pleased with it.
    It is the triton hull.ranger bought out triton a few years ago and started the ranger line of alluminum boats. Made side by side with the triton with just a few features diffrent. We got to go tour the place back in 2012 in benton ar. , ranger makes : Ranger ,Triton , Stratos , and one other boat but not sure of the name