Thread: Gunskins???

Default Gunskins???

Anyone ever tried gunskins.com or any of their products before?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I remember the Gun Skins that zipped on the ole woodsmaster back in the 80’s. That count?

That was before composite stocks and everyone wanted to project their pretty wood.
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 12-25-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    I remember the Gun Skins that zipped on the ole woodsmaster back in the 80’s. That count?
    unfortunately no not for this application. Ordered a 3 pack of ar mag skins to see how good they are.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I recently peeled some off a shotgun i bought. They were on tight as a tick with zero rust under them and no goopy mess either, was impressed minus how shiny they were.
    Genesis 9;2

Well i ordered a 3 pack of ar15 mag skins and also a set of skins for an Ar15.

Overall the magazines were easy and the rifle was somewhat aggravating due to all the pieces and curves to fold around. Cheaper than getting the gun dipped and way cheaper than getting it cerakoted.

685E9AFD-A768-415D-967B-9721FDDC5DB0.jpg

C1E6A9A2-4323-4113-BF47-40A3A2703236.jpg

B7792316-732A-4378-AD54-17B5289075F3.jpg

77DD4727-E2D8-4D3F-8EF6-9F4468454761.jpg
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 01-01-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Why not rattle can it?

Because if I want to change the pattern it's a lot cheaper and not as time consuming. Not to mention I can't rattle can in the house on the kitchen counter and the wife be ok with that

I have no experience with wrappers, but I still add my 2 cents.

I use Duracoat and I was lucky with that. I think that Cerakote protects against corrosion best of all, but I don’t use it, because there is no industrial-size furnace or sandblasting chamber in my store, and I like to do my own work.

Duracoat can be applied over a standard coating (a little rough at first), it takes months to fully cure and over time it wears off (wear of the holster, etc.). Duracoat can be treated in areas with high wear every few years.

My new hunting project: www.ricksbaitandtackle.com
    Last edited by Yandef; 01-30-2019 at 03:45 AM.