Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SBE3 or A400 Extreme Plus

Default SBE3 or A400 Extreme Plus

Looking for a new shotgun. Which one should I go with? Is the SBE3 shooting high a real concern?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would go with the A400 with kickoff

I bought an a400 unico with kickoff last year. I like it. That's about all the help I can give you. It is a little heavy.

If you gave me a beretta I'd sell it and get a Benelli. But that's just me and berettas don't shoulder worth a shit for me. I'd go test out both and decide, the peanut gallery will be here shortly to tell you everything from 870 to to some other nonsense. Whatever feels right is what you should buy, not a thing wrong with either.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 12-08-2018 at 06:15 PM.

The a400 is best for recoil but the sbe3 just shoulders so good but I haven't shot one yet.I can attest to the a400 being reliable...I dropped it the water 4 times today and all my shells got wet everytime I had to wade but it shot with no hiccups.
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 12-08-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Y'all are so silly

I prefer Benelli. It's kind of like Ford vs. Chevy. Buy the one that fits you the best.

I have always been a bennelli guy. I recently went out of state on a duck hunting trip and the guide had a SBE3. My dad has owned an A400 for a year. I have shot it on and off testing it out. I borrowed the guides SBE3 one morning and thought it was hot garbage. The kickoff system on the berettas is second to none in the recoil game. To me the SBE3 handled the best for me but that is where it ended. I really really wanted to like the Benelli but just couldn’t. I purchased a A400 Xtreme plus when we got home. I am very happy with my decision. I have always liked the raised ribs on the benellis but the fact that the Xtreme plus has them changed my mind on beretta.

The place we went puts 15,000 rounds through a gun a year and his A400 are on year 3 or 4 now with no problems per the guide. He was hoping the SBE3 would close the gap but he has the same reservations about the SBE3 that I have.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-08-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Kickoff and bells and whistles ain't worth a shit if a gun feels like youre shouldering a 2x6

I wouldn't have a kickoff on a shotgun. But my wife hasn't showed interest in wingshooting

Thanks for the input fellas. Highstrung, gun is for the wife actually, but she thinks like sportin. Spot on input. Benelli no doubt shoulders the best.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bought an A400 a few years ago, shot it some but went back to the SBE 1. I don’t care if it has kickoff or recoil reduction, a gas gun doesn’t recoil anyway. Well, not if you’re use to doubles or the original A5’s with the steel buttplates.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I went from Beretta to Benelli and I’m now back to Beretta. Just bought an Xtreme Plus and an A400 20 gauge. None of the Benelli’s I have/had have been as reliable as the Berettas overall. YMMV, but that’s been my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I would say it is more like comparing a nice SUV to a nice sportscar. Both very nice guns, but handle differently. The Benelli folks will criticize the weight/size of the Beretta and the Beretta folks will criticize the recoil of the Beretta. Kind of a senseless argument if you ask me.

I prefer the flat rib on the Berettas vs. the raised ribs on the Benellis personally.

Benelli hands down. Shot them all. Gas gun would have been a gummed up single shot in the shit I hunted in today
    80-20 Genaration

I’ve owned and shot a Xtrema2 for 13 years now. My next one will be a a400 20ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Benelli hands down. Shot them all. Gas gun would have been a gummed up single shot in the shit I hunted in today
    I keep hearing people talk about how “unreliable” gas guns are and I’ve never seen it. I purposely didn’t clean an original Xtrema I had for an entire season. Dove opener through the end of duck season. It never hiccuped. I was shooting those dirty ass black clouds that year too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Find you a beretta 390 and rock on
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

New “B” brand autoloaders are priced too high in my opinion If I am going to spend that much, it will be a O/U or S/S. I do not care for the fake wood grain and shock absorbing gimmicks on these newer guns. I am sure they are all good guns, just not for me. With that said, I looked at one of the Franchi Affinity 3s the other week. I thought it was a good value compared to other new autos in the market. It felt pretty good too and gets some favorable reviews. We “needed” another 12 ga auto. In the end, I did not buy the Affinity. I found a like new AL390 Silver Mallard and saved several hundred over the price of the Affinity.