Thread: Everybody must get stoned

Default Everybody must get stoned

It was a shocking sight on two fronts.

First, someone had inexplicably dumped hundreds of prescription pills on the grounds of Carr Park in Huntington Beach, where children play and animals roam. Second, a Canadian goose that apparently ingested some of the medications lay feet up in the grass.

On Monday, Dec. 17, a good Samaritan who spotted the sick bird called Orange County Animal Control, which in turn contacted the Wetlands & Wildlife Care Center. Both the goose and another ailing bird, a ring-billed gull, have spent the week recuperating there.

“The two patients are on the road to recovery,” said Lisa Peronne, wildlife manager for the Huntington Beach center.

The victims are undergoing intravenous flushing to detoxify their bodies, Peronne said.

“We expect to release the goose the day after Christmas at Central Park,” she said. “The smaller bird will take a little longer.”

They came to the center with a host of health problems, Peronne said, including lack of muscle control and neurological ticks. The goose was unable to stand.

“It’s hard to say whether they would have died without intervention, but that’s likely the case,” Peronne said. Even if they naturally could bounce back from the drug overdose, she said, “their condition opened them up to secondary dangers, such as not being able to get away from predators.”

The pills apparently were a mix of sedatives and other medications. Huntington Beach Police Officer Angie Bennett said the incident is under investigation.
    https://www.ocregister.com/2018/12/2...on-beach-park/

How do they know that goose was from Canada? He jonesin for some kraft dinner when they found him or begging for free healthcare?

I don't know, that pose looks pretty standard for most of the Canadians that I have run across after a bottle of rye. If he was duck taped to that pole, we would know for sure...

Sounds aboot right

Eh

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I'm gonna make a tape stronger than duct tape and call is goose tape. Someone write this down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft